22

Flashback to fifth grade

"Jezzi wait up!" Marley yelled after the oddly fast young child.

The two were running laps around Marley's house as her father was doing work inside. Her father busted out of the back door grabbed Marley's arm.

"I thought I told you to stop yelling when I'm trying to do work." He said while bruising the fifth graders arm.

"Father, you are hurting me!" She begged while trying to break for the man's hold.

Jezabelle knew that she was a mutant and knew the risk that was using her powers in public. For her best friend, that was, she didn't care. She sped from the front of the front of the house after hearing her friend yelping.

Jezabelle and marley's father were both higher mutants. They both had many more powers than any normal mutant. Marley and V were both in between Higher mutants and normal mutants.

Jezabelle, using her super hearing and speed, ran to the back of the house.

"Let go of her!" She yelled. Marley's father didn't budge.

"I said let go of her!" Jezabelle yelled as her eyes turned a bright yellow color. A small ball of yellow glow came from the child's hand to the older's back. He let go of Marley and tried to attack. Jezabelle.

"Marley, go inside please!" Jezabelle called before speeding out of the man's way. Jezabelle was 2 grades above Marley, but didn't care for the age gap.

Marley listened to the older girl and ran into her home. Her mother had currently been getting the contract for her husband.

Jezabelle tried to take flight to get away from the older man, but was caught by her foot and pulled to the ground.

"You, young lady, should not be talking to my daughter. And you will meet the government today." Marley's father said.

Jezabelle held her free hand up causing the man to grip his head.

"You have no right to call her your daughter with the way you treat her." Jezabelle.

"You foolish teenage girl." He said before pushing a button on his phone.

"I have one for you. My house." He said into the phone.

"On our way, Jason." The phone said before making a beeping sound.

Jezabelle flew into the air and pinned Jason to the brick wall of the house.

"Two can play at this game." Jason said as he froze Jezabelle in her spot in the air. He then pulled her to himself and put her in a headlock. He pushed the younger to the front yard. He pushed her to her knees and kneeled down with her. He held her in this position for about three minutes before the government took her.

Jason walked back into the house and Marley ran up to him.

"Where is Jezzi? What did you do to her?" She asked.

"I didn't do anything. She was a bad girl and the good guys took her away. She won't be coming back Marley. She is as good as dead now." Jason said cold heartedly.

Marley ran to her room and broke into to tears. That was also the last day she saw her father.

After her mother came home, she didn't even say bye. She didn't want to, and she didn't. He mother walked into her room and she curled up in a ball expecting her father.

"Don't worry, angel, he's not coming back." She said. Marley ran into her mother's arms and cried.

"Will I ever see jezzi again?" Marley asked.

"Hopefully someday." Her mother assured. Her mother hadn't been a mutant and neither was her stepfather.

"Someday, Angel." Her mother repeated.