23

"So you do know Jezabelle? You are the one she talked about?" Woozi questioned.

"What do you mean? Jihoon, Jezabelle was taken by the government when I was in the fifth grade. You can't 'know her." I countered with tears falling down my cheeks.

Woozi quickly pulled a phone out of his pocket and turned it on. The lock screen was of a girl.

She had blonde hair, blue eyes, a wide bright smile, and a locket around her neck. My locket.

The girl in the photo was Jezabelle.

I took the phone from Woozi and began to cry more.

"She's alive?" I asked.

"She was able to get away from the government the first time. She won't tell me how, but she did.

I found you all because I was trying to get away from the government. I tried to save Jezzi, but I was too late, I couldn't get to her in time. I tried teleporting through the gates, but somehow I would teleport to random places. The last time I teleported I ended up really far away, and found you." I looked Woozi in the eye before hobbling back down the stairs.

I limped my way over to J-hope, Jin, and Xiumin interrupted their talk about me and my father.

"Find another time to kill my father. I have someone more important to save and if she is dead so are you for not letting me save her. We will go tomorrow. I don't care what you say. If you aren't coming with me then I'll go alone." I spat without breathing. I took a huge breath before Woozi showed up.

"She won't be going alone." He said.

"My father can be the priority AFTER we find Jezabelle. And it's not going to be that easy to disappear, kill my father, then come back without me knowing. That is if you don't dye in the process of killing him. Him, along with Jez, are higher mutants, so good luck on killing him." I said. I was scared, mad, happy, and sad all at the same time. I didn't care what came out of my mouth at this point.

"Okay. I'll tell the others. We'll go early tomorrow to save her." J-hope said. I could hear the guilt in his voice.

"How much of that did you hear?" Jin asked.

"Just about all of it, that was until I got tired of hearing it." I said.

"I need sleep. If I'm going to be saving a higher mutant, it means more fighting. I need some sort of sleep." I said before turning for the door.

"Marley, I'm sorry." J- hope said. I ignored him and limped up the stairs. I realized that I hadn't seen Vernon, until I got to the top of the stairs.

Vernon came from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I quickly wiped away my tears before he walked around to the front of me.

"Hoseok needs to tell everyone something." I said. He wiped away my tears that were still forming and cupped my face in his hands.

"Marley, I don't care about what he has to say. My favorite person on Earth is sitting here crying, I care about you more than what he has to say right now." Vernon said. He wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shirt.

"And you know what?" He asked.

"Hm?" I asked.

"I love you more." He said. I smiled and giggled a bit.

"Come on. You need sleep. I don't know what we are doing tomorrow, but I'll take you to your room." he said.

He walked me to my room and laid with me until I fell asleep.

***

Vernon went back down stairs and Hoseok explained the plan about going to the government as a team. They would all work as one and get Jezabelle out.

Woozi explained the importance of Jezabelle to himself and to Marley. Vernon listened closely before quietly walking back up to Marley's room

"Consider Jezabelle saved. I love you." Vernon said before kissing Marley on the forehead and going to his own room.