37

"Woozi, get her out!" I heard Kai yell.

"Damn it. NO!" I yelled.

"Too bad." Woozi said before grabbing me. We were at the house before I could pull away.

"No! You can't do that!" I said.

"He can and he will." I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see my mom. I stopped for a moment and took a step back. She smiled at me and I tilted my head. I felt a knot in my throat and my eyes stung.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Nice to see you again, Angel." She said. I covered my mouth with my hands and fell to my knees in tears. She came over to me and embraced me.

"How do you think you survived that bullet?" She asked. I smiled and pushed closer to her warmth.

"Thank you, for saving your father. That was a very brave thing. He wasn't like that before. He was the sweetest person on the planet. He went to work for the government when we found out I was pregnant. He didn't know that they were after mutants, until a couple days after. He got chipped and didn't know what it was for until it was too late." She said. I was barely paying attention. Just the fact that I was in her room when she died and she's here is insane.

"I'm sorry. For everything!" I said.

"There's is nothing to be sorry for. You are okay and that's all that matters to me." She said.

"How did you know the guys?" I asked.

"Hoseok found me at a hospital one day. I can't believe you found them." She said. She wiped away the tears on my cheeks and I smiled.

"Gotta love the internet. But to be honest. I thought I was going to die when I tried to run from them. I can tell you what though, they are fast to react." I said. She smiled.

"That's good. I wouldn't be seeing you today if it weren't for that." She said.

"Did they know who I was though?" I asked.

"No, Hoseok got captured before he could tell them." She said while stroking my hair.

"Come on. I need to look at your leg." She said. She helped me stand and my numb leg almost caused me to fall. I hadn't even realized that Woozi had left. The door was shut and I couldn't see anyone outside. My mom took me to the couch and outstretched my leg. I heard a crash and jumped up from the couch.

"Sit." She said.

"Mom!" I countered.

"I said sit." I grunted and sat down. It was like when I was younger and I would be stubborn. She unstrapped the brace and I stopped her from making another move.

"Mom, don't move. There is someone here." I said and she looked around I slowly re adjusted my brace and stood. I heard my mom gasp and heard a whisper. She relaxed and covered her mouth with a finger then disappeared.

"M-" I was cut off by a hand over my mouth. I grabbed the arm of the person and flipped them on their backs. Vernon appeared on the floor in front of me.

"Damn it V-" He jumped up and covered my mouth. He held a finger to his mouth and pointed down the stairs. I nodded and he grabbed my hand. We slowly and quietly made our way down the stairs. He locked us in the fireproof room and I turned around to see my father hugging my mother. I smiled.

"This room is sound proof so we should be good." Vernon said. I heard a loud crash as the ground shook. My eyes widened and I went for the door.

"They are okay." Vernon said.

"They got all the soldiers in one spot then ran. They are okay." Vernon said. I wanted to relax, but I couldn't. If something went wrong then someone could be hurt.

Vernon unlocked the door and I ran past him up the stairs. I fumbled with the door when Vernon came up behind me and unlocked it.

"Sit down and wait for them to get here. You are okay. And so are they. Calm down. Please." Vernon said. I could tell he was panicking too, but he was keeping it in. The door opened and I watched as everyone piled in. Many were covered in scratches and blood. Kai walked in with Kyungsoo in his arms. I ran over to him and he laid Kyungsoo on the couch.

"What happened?" I asked looking at the bloody gash on his head that was slowly healing.

"He was too close to the explosion." Kai said. I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Kyungsoo. I swear if you don't wake up!" I said.

"What will you do about it?" Kyungsoo asked before coughing. I threw my arms around him.

"YOU IDIOT! Why would you do that to us?!" I yelled.

"I feel loved. No 'Are you okay?'" He asked.

"Hell no! You scared the living shit out of me!" Kai said. I smiled and hit his arm. He jumped and jerked away. He sat up and I hugged him again. He wrapped his arms around me this time.

"Sorry." He said.

"Gosh I hate you." I said with a big smile.

"You two got along quickly!" My father said.

"Yeah, you were there to see it." I said.

"Some of it is a blur. Actually, most of it is a blur." He said.

"So I have no one to credit me on my acting skills? I had to pretend to like a girl for two days!" Kyungsoo said. I almost choked.

"Don't act like I don't get credit too! I had to pretend to kill Vernon! AND Even YOU believed it!" I said before pointing a finger at Kyungsoo. There were small laughs here and there then I heard someone choke and I died. I started laughing so hard that my stomach hurt.

"Kyungsoo, we don't have to credit your acting skills. We know you can act, we've all seen your movie where you had to pretend to be blind." Kai said.

"False. I have not seen it!" I said.

"Well guess who is watching a sad movie!" Vernon said.

I thought they were joking, until I was forced to sit on a couch and cry for an hour and fifty minutes.

"I hate you all." I uttered when the movie ended.

"Okay! Bed time!" Xiumin said before standing.

"I agree." I said. I stood and fell back onto the couch. I adjusted my brace then stood again.

"I hate this thing." I muttered.

"Give it about a month. Give or take. It should be fully healed by then." My mom said.

Great, one month of living hell.