14

We waited for everyone to get settled into the vans before leaving. I looked at the sky through the car window to see a dark cloud that went as far as I could see it.

I am TERRIFIED of storms. Like storms scare me so much, especially when I'm in a car.

My reason?

The car crash my parents were in, was caused by a storm. Ever since then, I have been really scared of storms. I stared out the window until we started to leave. After about five minutes of us driving, it started to rain. I held my pillow close to my chest and stared at my feet. The first sound of thunder made me jump and hold my pillow tighter.

It had started to get dark and I knew that the guys didn't sleep last night. Well, Hoseok did, but no one else did. Chanyeol, Sehun, and Namjoon were out now. There was no way I was going to sleep. Well I thought there was no way I was going to sleep.

"Hey are you okay?" Vernon asked. The sound of his voice causing me to jump a tiny bit. I shook my head.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I looked over at him while recalling the memory of waking up in a hospital to find out that my parents died in the crash. I fought back the tears that were stinging my eyes.

"I-I don't like storms. The crash my parents and I were in was caused by a storm. Or it was during a storm." I said. I really didn't know how the crash was caused. The last thing I remember before waking up in the hospital was the rain on the window and a distant sound of thunder.

"I'm sorry, Marley." He said. I smile at him.

"Thanks." I said. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and more followed. I buried my face in my pillow. A loud clap of thunder hit causing the car to shake a bit. I jump and almost scream. I pull my pillow closer to my body.

I feel a strong arm snake over my shoulder. I look up at Vernon who smiles down at me.

"Sh. I've got you." He said. I snuggled closer to him and cried into my pillow. I found the buckle around my waist uncomfortable and tried to reposition it. I realized there was no way to make this comfortable so I cautiously unbuckled it.

Vernon re-wrapped his arms around me again. He pulled me over to his side of the car and laid his head against his pillow that was pinned against the window.

Somehow I didn't see this as an act of love though. I saw it as he was protecting me. Even to me it sounded weird, but it just wasn't like that. He was basically protecting me from two my biggest fears.

Storms, and cars. Even though he couldn't legitimately protect me from a storm or a car if I'm in it, but he can make me feel protected and safe. That's exactly what he was doing. But it was like out of an act of kindness.

After about an hour of driving, I finally fell asleep.