27

Vernon's pov

"MARLEY!" I screamed and ran for the two. I fell onto the floor as they disappeared.

"We should have told her before! I knew this was going to be bad! She was so dumb to keep that from her own daughter!" I yelled.

"Vernon, calm down." Jin said.

"No! She's gone and it's because we all kept the biggest secret from her. She needed to know that before!" I countered. I was now on my feet with tears in my eyes.

"I can't believe I kept this from her." I stated.

"Harper knew that if Marley knew that she was alive, she  would have been doing everything in her power to find and protect her mother. Harper was brought back as bait. She wasn't going to let that be the downfall of Marley." J-hope said.

"WELL IT WAS! She's gone and not one of you have moved an inch! We have to go find her!" I was still yelling this time much louder.

"We can't go in the shape we are in." Jimin said.

"You saw how quickly her father found us and took her! They have experience, they could have her all to themselves in less than a day. We could lose Marley." I fought. I wasn't going to stop fighting until I got her back. She was my life.

"Vernon, We will get her back. Just not now." Xiumin said. I felt a little light headed and my vision blurred as I got angrier.

"THEN I'LL GO MYSELF! I can't let her die in there. And god so help me I find out that she got hurt!" I screamed. The others looked terrified as they backed away.

"Vernon, please calm down." Sehun said. He looked terrified.

My vision blurred again and they all took another step back.

"What was that, Vernon?" S.Coups asked.

"What?" I questioned.

"Your eyes." Chanyeol said.

"Were red." Jezzabelle said.

"Did you know that you had another power?" V asked.

"No." I said stepping away from them. I was terrified of what had just happened.

So I have another power, but have no clue what it is or how to control it?

"Somebody piss him off again and see what happens." Jungkook said.

"NO!" I yelled. I took another step back before turning around. I tried to run up the stairs, but Jungkook appeared in front of me.

"Move!" I yelled.

"Nope." He replied with crossed arms.

"Move." I growled with warning in my tone.

"I'm not scared of you Vernon, I've won many fights with you. I don't plan on losing now." Jungkook said. I was starting to get angry.

"Just move!" I said.

"Whatcha gonna do?" He asked before pushing my shoulders.

"Jungkook, stop." I said. He just shook his head. He went to go push me and I grabbed his arm and pushed him back. My vision blurred as I did so, and once I could see again he was at the top of the stairs slowly falling down them.

I took a couple steps back from the stairs and ran into someone. I turned around and met the eyes of Woozi who looked at me terrified. He took a step back and stood in front of Jezabelle.

"So, now we know that Vernon gets a whole lot stronger when he's pissed. Let's not piss him off." Jungkook said from a platform on the stairs.

"But it was like I wasn't controlling myself. I did it unconsciously. I didn't do it on purpose." I said.

"Okay, so that's a type of genetic activism. How did you not know that you had that ability?" Jin asked.

"I've never been that upset. Or mad. Ever." I said looking down.

"Damn, Marley is lucky." I heard someone mutter under their breath. I couldn't tell who it was though.

Marley was out for about 4 hours, now she's gone. It had gotten dark and everyone didn't even attempt to eat. Everyone made their ways upstairs and I just stayed on the couch thinking.

"You need sleep Vernon." Hoseok said.

"You are the last person to be telling me what I need. The one thing I need is gone and it's mostly your fault." I said coldly. I saw a hint of guilt in his eyes as he turned to walk away.

Once everyone went upstairs, I went downstairs. I went over to the punching bags and wrapped my hands. I covered them in chalk dust before punching the bag. All I could think about was the look of disappointment and sadness in Marley's eyes before she was taken from me. Over and over I watched the scene replay in my head.

My vision blurred and I hit the bag harder and faster. I let out a frustrated yell before the bag came off of the chains. I knelt down on the ground before burying my face in my hands and crying.