43

I watched as Marley's eyes fluttered shut and her screaming stopped. I tried stopping them, but Jin grabbed my arm.

"Don't stop them." He said.

"Look at her! They are killing her!" I yelled.

"She's not dead." Tao said through gritted teeth. Their bodies were tensed and so was Marley's. She wasn't out completely yet. She was still standing, which meant she was either fighting and winning, or fighting and losing.

I prayed that she was winning. Then he whole body went limp and she feel to the ground. Tao and Namjoon both fell to their knees while breathing heavily.

I broke from Jin's grasp and ran over to Marley. I scooped her up and placed her head in my lap. Harper came over and checked her pulse and breathing.

"Marley, can you hear me?" She asked, but got no response.

"Marley can you squeeze my hand?" She asked. Marley didn't move.

"She's unconscious. She's in a coma. We have to get her to a hospital. That's the only way she'll stay alive." Harper said.

"But everywhere we go government will be all over the place. Where will we take her?" Hoseok asked.

"The same place you all went. I didn't tell you, but that place is basically all mutants. There aren't any government members there that aren't faking it." Harper said. I gently lifted Marley in my arms and Harper stood as well.

"Get in the car. I'll meet you there in a minute." She said. I walked to the car and sat in the back seat. I laid Marley down with her head on my lap. I gently stroked her hair as Harper and Jimin got in the car.

"Just in case something happens. We may need backup." Harper said.

We got to the hospital and I carried Marley in.

"Harper. Nice to see you again. What's going on?" A man behind the customer desk said.

"My daughter. I need a room for her." She said. The man looked at me then at Marley. He walked us to a room and there was a doctor within three minutes. We had to explain what happened and he hooked Marley up to all the machines and IVs. I pulled a chair up to her bed and held her hand. I laid my head on the side of her bed and kissed her hand.

"I miss you so much already." I muttered before falling asleep at her bed side.

Timeskip

Marley has been here for almost three weeks. She's only shown signs of coming back twice. I haven't wanted to leave her room, but have been forced a couple of times. I feel like I've been here for years. The wonder of when she's going to wake up kills me. I miss her every second even when she is right next to me. It kills me.

Then her eyes fluttered open.

***

I thought I could be happy being no where. I thought I was done, but I've been in the darkness for so long. An occasional dream, but none were good. I miss Vernon so much. I want to see him, hold him, feel his warmth. But all I see, feel, and touch is nothing. There is absolutely nothing and I hate it.

I felt something warm on my hand and looked down. I started to feel cold and everything got super bright for a moment. I covered my eyes before realizing I was in a hospital room. I felt a tight girp on my hand and looked over to see Vernon. My eyes widened and I tried to hug him, but I was connected to a bunch of cords.

He leaned over me with tears falling down his cheeks and cupped my cheeks.

"You are awake!" He exclaimed.

"It appears so!" I said with a small smile. He lightly kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you so much." He said.

"I love you way more."