26

I woke up and laid for about 30 seconds before realizing Jezabelle was home. I went to get up and fell back down. Not only did my head hurt, but my whole body was really weak.

I heard a knock on my door before it opened. Vernon stepped in and saw that I was awake. He ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug.

I was now sitting up and he had his hand around the back of my head and his other arm around my back. I was glad he pulled away when he did because my head hurt really bad.

"Vernon, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I was so scared you wouldn't wake up." He said. He pulled away and kissed me.

"I love you so much." He said with his hands on my cheeks.

"I love you too." I said with a weak smile.

"I'd just like to have some strength back." I said with a forced frown.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked in full concern.

"Only a few bad injuries. J-hope's wrist is broken. Woozi has staples in the back of his head. Chanyeol has a fractured ankle. And a lot of us have stitches somewhere. And you have a nice bump on the back of your head." He said before gently stroking my hair.

"Jezzi?" I asked.

"Asleep. Woozi is going to wake her up for breakfast." Vernon said.

"I can't exactly walk right now. I can barely sit up without leaning on you." I said with a smile. Using as much power as I did completely drained me. And that's on top of the nice bump on the back of my head.

"Come on, get on my back." He said before getting off of the bead and leaning over. I weakly climbed onto his back and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Gosh you are really light." He said. Before walking me downstairs without a problem. He set me down and walked a few steps to my chair at the kitchen table. My leg was starting to hurt again as well.

Woozi walked in with Jezzabelle's hand in his. I didn't care how much pain I was in. The joy overwhelmed it. I jumped up from my seat and ran into Jezzabelle's arms.

"Hi sis!" She said. We were both crying at this point. She let go of me and helped me back to my chair. I sat down next to Vernon and Jezzabelle, who was looking really scared.

"Jez, they won't hurt you. I promise. You are safe." I said. She turned her head and looked at me. Her eyes were filling with tears.

"Marley, you aren't safe. I don't know what happened to me in there. I could be dangerous." She said. I grabbed her hand and read her. They didn't do anything to her. They were trying to stop her powers from working the whole time. She was way stronger than us.

"Jez, they didn't do anything. At all. Except stop your powers for a short time." I said. I was feeling even more weak after reading her.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Positive." I said with a smile. She leaned her head on Woozi's shoulder and wiped her tears away. Surprisingly, she was shorter than Woozi.

"That makes me think. How did all of us get chips?" Sehun asked.

"I have a slight guess. And I can prove if I'm right or wrong." V said before looking at me. Psionic manipulation, he can read my mind. Great. His eyes grew wide.

"We got her chip out right?" He asked almost panicked.

"Yeah, Why?" Jin asked. V didn't even answer, he just ran upstairs. When he came back down, he had a syringe in his hand. It was really big and I watched as J-hope almost passed out.

"W-what is that?" I asked.

"The night before Jimin and Jin got in a fight, she gave us all chips. Without knowing." V said and the moment he said it, I remembered. I gripped my temples as the memories came back. I began to cry uncontrollably.

"I'm the reason that all happened." I stated. Vernon lifted my chin up and force me to look at him.

"Listen to me. It wasn't your fault. Marley, it was not your fault." He said.

"Yes it was! If I would have just kept to myself and forgot about my powers, none of this would have happened. None of it." I said angry at myself now.

"You would have never seen Jezzabelle, or Hoseok again. You would have never met anyone in this room. You would have never met me. You would have never learned to control your powers and you'd be hiding you whole life." Vernon said.

"We got it fixed no problem. We've only had to go to-" Sehun stopped himself and the others gave him a warning glare.

"Have to go to where?" I asked with more force than intended.

"Nowhere, Love." Rose said.

"No, you are going to tell me. I'm not going to deal with secrets right now." I said.

"Marley. We can't tell you. We've already given too much hint." Vernon said.

"You too? You are going to keep this from me too?" I asked and stood. I was still weak, but I was able to stand now.

"Marley sit down." Namjoon said with warning.

"No! I'm not doing secrets. It's obviously something Important. You all look terrified. You have to tell me." I said.

"Marley, sit down. Now." J-hope said. The amount of authority, anger, fear, and warning in his voice scared me.

"Gosh, just tell the girl! She's going to find out at some point." Yoongi said.

"Yoongi, hush." Xiumin demanded.

I looked over at Chanyeol with pleading eyes. I could tell he was debating then everyone started talking.

"Quiet!" Chanyeol yelled.

"I can't do it. She has to know. Your mom survived." Chanyeol said. Everyone looked at him with wide eyes.

"Harper is going to kill you!" Chen said with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked.

We only had to go to...

My mom is a doctor. Woozi has staples in his head, and the others have casts. And stitches. Where would Jin have gotten the supplies to even remove our chips? My mom.

"How? They told me she was gone! She can't be alive. It's not possible. They said I barely survived. Then how did my dad get to me?" I was throwing questions everywhere. I was terrified.

"Marley. Please calm down and I will explain." Hoseok said. I felt like I was going to pass out. Everyone was keeping this from me. Even Vernon was keeping this from me. Vernon tried to grab my hand and I pulled away from him. I looked him in the eyes as mine filled with tears, and shook my head at him.

"I can't believe you kept that from me." I said before walking away. More like half walking away. I was still limping and I was still weak. I felt really light headed and I thought I was going to pass out.

"Miss me?"

I felt a hand grip my neck before I could even blink I was gone from the house and in a room unfamiliar to me. I was trapped with my father and I was extremely weak.

"By the way. About your mother, she's only alive because of me. You see, I've been working with the government for a long, long time. Since before I met your mother. I dedicated myself and my powers to them so I wouldn't die. So I was able to make them bring your mother back using another mutant's powers. We were going to use her as bait, but she got away. We didn't really care much about her getting away so we just let her live her second life. Your step thing, however, is dead. And won't be returning." My father said cold heartedly as I sit on my knees. He paced in front of my like he was thinking.

"Now that I have you here. I have no problem doing what I need to do." He said. I looked up at him and he smirked a bit. His face then went expressionless.

"Take her. And hurry before she gets her strength back." My father demanded before I felt a sharp pain in my neck and everything went black.