17

"Your turn." Namjoon said from downstairs. I stood up and looked at Vernon. Realizing that he still wasn't wearing a shirt, I quickly looked down.

"Ha, you're funny. What's wrong." He asked.

"They need to get our chips." I said while lightly rubbing the small bump under my skin.

"Oh okay. I'll meet you downstairs." He said before we walked out of the room. I slowly walked down stairs where Namjoon, Jin, and Xiumin sat. Everyone now had a small patch on their arms, except Vernon and myself. Vernon came down to join me.

Namjoon knocked Vernon out and Jin removed his chip. Xiumin stitched up his arms then Namjoon woke him up again.

"Why can't we just go to the hospital." I muttered under my breath.

"Because they are human." Jin said. I held out my arm before Namjoon knocked me out and everything went black.

***

After Marley's arm was fully patched Namjoon tried to wake her up, but Vernon stopped him.

"She needs some sleep anyway. I'll take her upstairs." Vernon said.

"All people do in this house is sleep." Jin uttered as Vernon carried Marley to her room. He lied her on the bed and covered her up. He kissed her on the forehead thinking she was asleep.

"I think I love you, Marley." He said quietly not knowing that she had woken up. She was still tired so fell asleep again, thinking the words were uttered in a dream.

***

When I woke up all I could think about was the dream I had. I was confused as to why I wasn't woken up after my chip was removed, but the sleep was nice.

"I think I love you, Marley." It felt so real, but I thought I was asleep. I changed my clothes after realizing that it was already the next day. Although it was almost 6 in the morning, I wasn't going to fall asleep again.

I went down the the training room, which was still torn to pieces. Without even moving from the doorway, I put everything where it needed to go. Once I was done, I heard clapping from behind me. I jumped about 4 feet high.

"Impressive." Woozi said. I turned to look at him and Jungkook.

"I'm actually proud." Jungkook said with a smile.

"You taught her well." Woozi said.

"You sound like my grandad and dad." I said.

"THEY sound like your dad?" I familiar voice said from behind me. I froze in my spot.

My father.

My real father. My step dad and mom died in the crash. My real dad I understand now, is a mutant. My mom made a contract so he would never be able to come near me or her again. He used to abuse me and show me things like his powers and I just thought it was fake. I felt his hand wrap around my neck and I held my breath.

"Marley, what's wrong." Jungkook asked.

"Make them leave." My father said. He tightened his grip around my neck.

"Leave, now. Please." I said as calmly and sternly as I could.

"No, what's going on?" Woozi asked. My father gripped my hand and held it up. I noticed the small glowing ball form in my hand.

"No, please don't do this. LEAVE NOW!" I yelled. They looked at each other and back at me before slowly walking up the stairs. My father let go of my hand and it fell to my side. He let go of my neck and appeared in front of me.