33

"Hello boys. Is there something wrong with my daughter?" Jason asked with his arm around my shoulder.

"No sir, just having conversation. We were complimenting her courage today. She killed that kid without hesitation. It was impressive." Jun said.

"Boys, get your gear on please. We can't have un armed guards on duty." My father said in an oddly nice tone. The boys nodded and walked away.

"Why aren't you with Kyungsoo?" He asked.

"He's pmsing." I said. Jason gave me a dirty look.

"He's just mad I killed Vernon myself, so he walked away. He wanted to help. And when I said no he got upset." I said with a satisfied smirk. I was glad I knew how to act.

"Sometimes the sarcasm isn't needed, Marline." Jason said.

"Do you have to call me by that name?" I asked.

"I will call you whatever I want to call you. Last time I checked, I was in charge, not you." He warned.

"Father, it is MY name." I countered.

"Go now, before I put you back in a cell." He warned. I didn't hesitate and walked away. I walked to my cell where I first met Kyungsoo, and laid on the cot. I had closed the door behind me and when I opened I jumped up.

Kyungsoo gave me a nasty look before walking to his cot.

"Oh my lord, stop pmsing. You really think I killed him?" I asked. Kyungsoo's eyes widened. He jumped up from the cot and looked at me.

"You really think that I would have killed him without a single emotion. You removed the chip yourself, Kyungsoo." I said. He laid back down on the bed.

"I told my father that you were mad you didn't get to kill him." I heard Kyungsoo sigh before holding up a thumb. Kyungsoo stood and shut the lights off and I heard him stop. I held my hand up and a small ball of light formed, illuminating the room. He walked back to his cot and I put the light out. I fell asleep faster than normal, due to the rather long day.

Next Morning

"Wake up." Kyungsoo said in a sweet voice.

"Ew." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Are you trying to make it obvious you are gay?" I asked. Kyungsoo seemed to bring out the sarcastic side of me. I was actually enjoying the oddly happy side of me.

I laughed to prove I was joking and sat up.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Well we need a plan. If we are going to save your father, we have to do it before the attack. If we don't, all of them will be dead and so will we." He said.

"Well it's not that simple. We will be basically killing the head of the government." I said.

"He's not the head. Who do you think put the chip in?" He asked.

"Damn it. This is my fault. I basically was the reason the government was called on him. I'm the reason he's even here right now." I said.

"Nice one slick." He said.

"Ha ha." I said sarcastically.

"I found a couple more of my friends here yesterday. They caught a lot of us over the last three years. We have to get them out." Kyungsoo said.

"You act like I was going to just leave them here to rot." I said.

"We need to find a way to talk to Jun and The 8 without seeming suspicious." I said.
"You've talked to them." He asked. I nodded my head.