18

Helping Jin make breakfast was almost therapeutic. My mom used to let me help make breakfast and it was one of the best memories I had with her.

"You seem way too happy doing this. I'm glad to see you like this." Jin said.

"My mom used to let me help with breakfast. It was the smallest thing, but a lot of memories were made." I said.

"Like what?" Vernon asked from the living room before walking over.

"OO storytime." Jungkook said.

"Okay, let's go with the time Hoseok came over. So we were making pancakes for lunch and Hoseok over here spilled the power ingredients. And when he tried to catch the bowl, the powder flew all over my face. My mom just stood there and laughed at us while Hoseok tried to clean the ingredients off my face with egg covered hands." I said with a big smile. I noticed Hoseok's face turning red.

"You should have washed your hands first." I said and he started to laugh. We all giggled for a while before sitting down to eat.

Everyone complimented Jin and me on our pancake skills.

"She should help cook more often." Yoongi said.

"I agree." The others would chime in. Even Jin joined in. My face turned red and I looked down with a small smile.

After we ate we all went down to the basement to train. I was told to work with Rose for fighting. We fought for a while and I was impressed with myself.

"Good, you wanna work with Jin?" She asked.

"Um sure." I said. I walked over to where Jin was standing. He smiled at me then led me over to the fighting mat.

I threw a punch at him but he caught my fist and flipped me on my back. I sucked in a huge breath of air as it was previously taken from me.

"Don't throw the first punch. If you have to throw the second, don't let them get up for the third." Jin said.

"Figures." I said before placing my hands behind my head and jumping up.

Jin then threw a punch at me. I was able to move before he made contact and grab the side of his wrist. I twisted his arm behind his back then lightly hit the back of his knees, putting him on the ground.

"You coming back for the third?" I asked.

"I don't know. Am I?" He said before intertwining his leg with mine and pulling me to the floor. He then got on top of my and placed his forearm to my neck.

"Guess so." I said.

"Hey Marley, come here." Chanyeol said. I got out of Jin's hold and as he turned his back I swiped my leg under his.

"Smooth." He said before getting up and smiling at me.

I walked over to Chanyeol, who was with Yoongi.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"You have an ability quite like ours. The only difference is fire, and energy." Yoongi said.

"Oh that." I said quietly. All I could think about was the energy forming in my hand that my father forced.

"What's wrong? Woozi said you knew how to do it." Chanyeol said.

"I don't. It w-was my father. He can manipulate someone else's a-abilities." Dang it. More stuttering.

"Well you can learn." Yoongi said.

"O-o-o... hf." I just gave up by this point.

We walked into a small room and Chanyeol closed the door behind us. The walls were a shining silver color.

Fireproof.

"I just want you to see before you attempt." Chanyeol said. He held up his hand a small ball of fire formed in his hand. He then turned his hand so the ball was above his hand. The then pushed his hand towards a target which engulfed in flames. Xiumin opened the door behind me and froze the target then closed the door. Now the 4 of us stood here.

"You are supposed to get me before starting." Xiumin said annoyed.

"K." Yoongi said.

"Just hold up your hand and concentrate." Chanyeol said. I held up my hand and concentrated on the way my hand felt when my father forced it before. A small light formed in my hand then disappeared.

"Almost, try again." Yoongi said.

I did as I was told and tried again. This time a small ball formed in my hand.

"Now hold it there." Chanyeol said.

"Aim at the target and propel it forward." Yoongi said. I looked at the target and pushed my hand forward. I ducked as the pieces of the man shaped target shattered.

"Okay, well her power is a lot stronger than ours. We'll work on that." Chanyeol said. I opened the door and walked out. A ball came flying from Woozi's direction. I held my hand up and it froze in mid air. I slowly placed it on the ground.

Wozzi was scowling at Jungkook who rubbed his arm.

"Sorry." He said.

"I-i-it's okay." I said with a smile. Someone grabbed my shoulder and I jumped. I turned around to see Vernon with a huges smile.

"Jeese V-v-v... ughhh." I groaned before Vernon lightly kissed me.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I asked. With a small smile.

"You didn't stutter during that whole question. And all morning. So that's why." He said.

"Oh." I said. Before looking down with a small smile.

"So how are you training?" I asked.

"I just fight. I train my other skills enough during the day." He said with a small giggle.

"Yeah. I've gotten a taste of that training." I said with air quotes around the word, 'training'.

"That's the point, love." He said. I don't know why, but at the sound of him calling me love, my heart did a little flip.

"Can we go somewhere? I'm bored. Do we have to stay here all day?" Sehun asked.

"What makes you think J-hope is going to stop training?" Jimin asked.

"And with Marley's father out, it's a big risk." Chen said.

"But going out sounds fun. Last time we went out, Marley and Jungkook left. And we had to basically hide the whole time." Rose said.

"J-hope isn't going to let us." Namjoon said.

"He might." V added.

"He let us last time." Vernon said.

"Yeah, after a bunch of convincing." S.Coups countered.

"This time, there is not only the government, but Marley's father is here now." Jin said.

"You guys act like we aren't 15 mutants against one." Yoongi said.

"Okay, you all can shut up. I'll ask him." I said before walking upstairs to Hoseok's room. I knocked on the door and he opened it.

"I was just about to head downstairs, what's up?" He asked.

"How's it goin?" I asked in a annoying voice.

"What do ya want?" He asked while crossing his arms. He had a sarcastic smile plastered on his lips so I knew he wasn't mad.

"Can we please please please pleeeeeeaaa-" He cut me off by putting a finger to my lips.

"Yes." He said.