40

*Knock* *Knock*

I snapped out of my dazed state.

"Are you okay?" Jezzabelle asked from the door. I turned off the shower and stood.

"Will I ever be okay." I said while leaning on the wall. I carefully made my way to the closet and wrapped myself in a towel.

"Do you need help?" She asked.

"No, Jezzabelle. I need to be happy for once. I need something to go right in my life." I said. I opened the door and tried to step out before catching my dead leg on the door way and falling. I scrambled to cover myself with the towel. Jezzabelle held her hand out and took it.

"Vernon wants me to give these to you." She said with a knowing smile. She handed me a pair of grey sweat pants and a white t-shirt. I smiled and recalled the fantasies of us wearing our boyfriend's clothes when we were younger.

"Thanks." I said and she walked out. I put on the clothes he gave me and also put my braces on. I was going to avoid falling again at all costs. I put my hair in a messy bun and walked outside my room. I peered over the edge of the stairs and didn't see Vernon downstairs. As a matter of fact, I didn't see anyone.

Someone's arms snaked around my waist and held me tight.

"I thought you would like these." He said before tugging at my shirt.

"I do." I said.

"Good. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Do I really need to answer that? Where is everyone?" I asked.

"They went to bury Luhan and find the person that shot him." Vernon said.

"Why didn't you go with?" I asked.

"And leave you here alone. Hell no." He said. I smiled at the comment. He kissed my cheek and I practically melted into his touch. He pulled me closer and my leg brushed against his. He paused for a moment and held me tighter.

"Is your leg okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"You are wearing the brace again." He said.

"I tripped and fell and it hurts a bit. That's all." I said.

"Do you want me to look at it?" He asked. I turned around and gripped his cheeks.

"I'm okay." I said. I let go of his cheeks and before I could do anything more, he grabbed mine and kissed me.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"It seemed like you needed that." He said.

"I did." I said.

For a few moments, I felt safe.

That was until the door opened.

***

I turned around to see an unfamiliar face walk in the door. Vernon grabbed my arm and I knew that the man couldn't see us. We made our way down the stairs as the man looked around. I saw a gun in his belt and I took a wary step back. I saw the images of Luhan and myself being shot and started to panic.

Vernon put a hand over my mouth, signaling me to calm down. I got the memo and calmed myself a little bit. The man walked past us and Vernon let go of me. I walked behind the man and covered his mouth. I kicked in his knees and he fell. I grabbed the gun from his belt and stepped back. I gave the gun to Vernon, being scared to hold it. The man stood up and looked at us before putting his hands up.

"Did you shoot him?" Vernon asked.

"I don't know who you are talking about." He said. I got angry and stepped up to him. I grabbed him by the neck.

"I'm not playing games. Did you shoot him or not!?" I asked. The fear in his eyes put physical pain in my chest I let go of him and tripped over myself trying to back away. I fell to the floor and he looked down at me.

"Yeah. I did shoot him. And I'm pretty proud of my aim." The man said. I took my good leg and swept it under his. I sat up and pinned his neck to the floor with my forearm.

"I'm disappointed in the government." I uttered before snapping his neck. It was like I wasn't in control. It was like my anger took control of my body. I scooted away from him and looked at my hands, realizing what I had just done.

"No. No. No. NO." I yelled. Vernon came up to me and pulled away from the dead man's body.

"Vernon!" I said as tears filled in my eyes.

"Sh!" He said before pulling my head to his chest.
"No, I killed him. Vernon, I killed someone!" I cried as I heard footsteps. Vernon's body tensed and he held me tighter.

"What the hell?" I heard Kris say. Vernon relaxed and I heard Jisoo scream.

"What happened here?" Jhope asked.

"He killed Luhan. And she killed him." Vernon said. I gripped his shirt while recalling the fear in his eyes before he was dead.

What have I done?