20

We all walked out to the vans and just as before Hoseok, Namjoon, Chanyeol, Sehun, Vernon, and myself rode in one van. There were three vans in total.

In J-Hope's van was J-Hope, Rap Monster, Chanyeol, Sehun, Vernon and me.

In Xiumin's van was Chen, S.Coups, Rose, Jimin, Suga, and Xiumin.

In Jin's van was Woozi, Jungkook, V, and Jin. This was the same for the trip here, but Woozi wasn't here then.

J-hope took us to a small restaurant that was also in the middle of nowhere. He parked the car and there was no one there, but us.

We all walked in and the owner of the store seemed delighted to see us.

"Ah, Hoseok! Got some newbies in the crew?" He asked.

"Yes, this is Marley, and this is Jihoon, but we call him Woozi." J-hope said. The man came up and shook my hand.

Who is this guy?

"Ah, don't be scared, love. I'm Jackson." He said.

"Not to be confused with Jackson Wang, of course." He stated.

Who is Jackson Wang?

"Got7, Jackson Wang is from the band Got7." Jackson replied to my thoughts.

"Are you a mutant?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am." He said. I immediately relaxed. Jackson and Woozi introduced as Vernon walked up to me and placed his hand in the crook of my waist. He placed his chin on my shoulder. Jackson helped Jin pull a few tables together and all sixteen of us sat down. There was a million different conversations happening at once so I just sat there and watched Vernon as he happily collaborated with S.Coups and Woozi. Vernon placed his hand on my thigh and slightly stroked it with his thumb.

It was a small gesture, but it gave me chills and sent my stomach to my throat. He looked over at me and smiled slightly.

"You okay?" He asked.

"What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." I said.

"You're so cute. Your face is red by the way." He said. I looked down at his hand that was still on my thigh.

"I hate you." I said before looking up at him and giggling at his terrible pouty face and puppy eyes.

Jackson came back and took all of our orders. We got our food and ate for a while. J-hope then walked us to a small lake and started a bonfire in the small pit.

Everyone took their turned telling about their childhood and how they found out their powers. Everyone knew about my powers, but didn't know my childhood, so when it came to that I got a little scared.

"Come on tell us. About before you met J-hope, because he covered all of that pretty clearly." Sehun said.

"I met J-hope about a month after my mom made some weird contract to keep my father away." I said.

"Did your dad like listen, or was it some sort of mutant contract that forced him away."

"I think it was a mutant contract, I don't really know. And he's not my dad." I said.

"Who's not your dad? Because I'm pretty sure that dead guy isn't." My father said from across the fire. I stood up and stumbled backwards. He sped in front of me.

"Oh, and you thought you had more abilities than me. I have more abilities than your friend V here." He said before pulling V from the pot he was into his hand. My father did this without moving an inch except for raising his hand.

My father put his arm around V's neck and held him tight.

"Father, let him go." I said through clenched teeth.

"Quietly have everyone out, I have something I need to do. You all will get hurt if you are around." I silently said to Namjoon he nodded his head and everyone slowly got up as I began talking to my father.

"And yes, that dead man is my dad. He's more of a dad than you have been to me since the day I was born. It's easy to be a father. But it takes a real man to be a dad. Not some cowardly man who has his strength and power from fear. Now, let him go." I said sternly.

"A real man? You mean the real man that died in a car. The man that drove you and your mother off the street. You mean the man that killed your mom and himself?" He taunted.

"You mean the DEAD man. The DEAD man that will never come back. You didn't even get to say-" I cut him off in a instant. A wave of energy came from around me and pushed my father closer to the fire. He let go of V on the way and I made V run with the others.

"How dare you!" I yelled. He then jumped up from the spot he was in and ran at me. He pushed me into the ground by my neck. I used a small bit of energy to push him off of me and put myself on top of him. I held him down by the neck with one hand and held the other one in the air.

I forced a ball of glowing energy to form in my hand.

"Marley, don't do it. You'll regret it, please." Vernon was yelling to me. I looked up as Namjoon pulled him into a small cellar door. Jackson then ran out of the building waving a phone at me.

He called the government.

I quickly pushed the energy into the ground and my father pushed me onto my back. I was now close to the water's edge. I grabbed some mud and wiped it on my face, so the government wouldn't recognize me as easily. I flipped my father over once more got mud in my hair somehow. I didn't pay attention to him for a moment as I watched the swat vans pull up. He then flipped me into the murky lake water. Covering me in more mud than I intended. I heard a loud bang as my father fell into the water next to me. I scrambled to stand in the water. I looked to see my father slightly convulsing on the shallow end of the water. I felt the shock going through the water and fell onto the dry grass.

A man in a vest came and pulled my father from the water and cuffed him.

"Ma'am are you okay?"

"Yes sir. I'm fine. Thank you for helping me. Any longer and I would have drowned." I said in a completely fake, and innocent voice.

"We can help you clean up." The officer suggested.

"No sir I'll be fine." I said with a forced smile. My father's body was pulled into a van.

"He isn't dead, just stunned." One of the officers said.

"Not like I care, he just tried to kill me." I said.

"Thank you again." I said as they got into the cars and drove off. The group piled out of the cellar door. Once Vernon came out he ran to me in concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, just uncomfortable. And a bit scared. I just want to get home, and clean." I said.

Jackson came out with towels to lay on the car seats, because Jin would have a fit.

We thanked Jackson and drove home.