Chapter 11

I walk toward the apartment but going home is the last thing I want to do right now. Just past the English building is a little park. I went there a lot last semester when I would get writers block. It's beautiful, there's a pond in the middle with a fountain that sprays water during the day. My favorite spot is right at the bank of the pond, it slopped down just enough you can lay down and rest if needed. I sit down in that spot. I lay down and through my hands over my eyes. The noises the bugs drowned out everything I was thinking about. I put my hands down on my stomach and breathe, I could hear my phone ringing, and I sigh, and then pull it out of my purse.

It's from an unknown number. I turn my phone off, completely, then lay back down. "Why didn't you answer my calls?" his voice cut through the bugs.

"Fuck off," I say.

"You can't just walk away after a conversation like that." He says quietly.

"Well I did, didn't I?" I said looking up at him. I now notice he's not wearing the same thing he was in class. He looks like he did Friday, in jeans and a simple shirt and in the same black zip up jacket. I look at his face, his cheeks are red, he's taken off his glasses, and his eyes are around the wonderful brown color is bright red. I sat up and looked out the pond. "I guess I can tell Jenna that you're a stalker now too. She would love to hear that." I grab my purse and stand up. "I need someplace else to hide I guess."

"(Y/F/N), please..." he started.

"We aren't on a first name basis, remember." I said walking around him.

"I'm sorry," he says stopping me in my tracks.

"Me too."

___________________

I walk into the apartment and put my purse and keys on the table. I turn towards my room and jumped when I was Jenna standing at the counter. "You didn't answer my calls or texts."

"My phone died." I tried to take a step. She stepped in the middle of the path.

"That's a lie," she said crossing her arms, "Where did you go?"

"The park," I said.

"Why do you keep lying to me?" she raises her voice at me. "Now where did you go?"

"Out" I avoided the question.

"(Y/F/N)."

"You're not my fucking mother Jenna, she's dead. Stop acting like you have to know everything going on in my life."

"We have been best friends since 3rd grade. We have been there for each other since then. This is the first time you have ever kept anything from me."

"Oh like you never kept anything from me?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Never." She lied again.

"Bullshit Jenna," I snapped back. "You have kept your whole relationship with John a fucking secret from me. I know you too have been dating since high school. I'm not a fucking idiot. You just say you meet new guys to throw me off the tracks."

"You know?" She sounded shocked.

"Yeah, but you don't see me throwing it in your fucking face." I looked down to the ground.

"(Y/N), I'm..."

"Save it," I cut her off. "I'm done hearing sorry for today." I wipe a tear away, "I'm going home."

"Back to (Name of Hometown)?" she says. It's the quietest she has been his entire time. "Why?"

"I'm homesick," I say. "I miss my dad. This school is getting me nowhere." I mean I didn't lie but I also didn't tell the full truth.

"What about..."

"I'm going to call in the morning and see if I can't transfer to the university there." I cut her off again. Her eyes well up with tears. "I will come back for my things this weekend but for right now I'm going grab a couple of things before I leave." I walk to my door,

"That's a two day drive from here." She says, "Plus we have that test tomorrow, you can't really skip that."

I look back to her, "Yeah, I want my transfer records to look good I guess." I open my door, "I'm still not staying here." I push around her and go to my room, the door was closed.

"Where are you going to go?" Her voice louder than before. I turn back to her.

"I don't care Jenna. If I have to I'll sleep in my car." I grab the knob.

"(Y/N)" She says before I enter my room.

"What?"

"Just one more question," she says. I raise my eyebrow at her, "Do you really like him?"

"Yeah," I sighed, "I really did." I slammed the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey friends!

I just want to say thank you for almost 100 veiws! I'm so excited and never thought it would get this far! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart <3 <3 <3

Also I wanted to say I'm sorry, I took a bit of a break for a minute, my birthday was this weekend so I spent time with loved ones. I promise from now on I will be updating every week, I hope to find a day that would be good to upload, maybe the middle of the week. Idk.

Much love <3 <3 <3