Chapter 12

AUTHORS NOTE: Hey friends! I just wanted to say there's a trigger warning in this chapter. I wanted to put this here so you could prepare! <3 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you going to tell them?" he asked. "When you call, it has to be an emergency right?"

"Yeah," I say breaking my silence, "I don't know yet."

"Tell them I got sick, you're the only family I have to take care of me, so it will work." He says "If they call and ask I'll tell them the same."

"Thanks dad." I say wiping away the partially wet stream of tears down my cheek.

"Are you sure you want to come home?" he asked hesitantly.

"Yes," I said quickly. "I'm really homesick."

"And you're sure it's not just because of the fight you and Jenna got into?" He has that dad scene that's something more is wrong.

"No," I said quietly. "Well, that's a small part but being homesick is the worst part of it."

He sighed, "Alright, just get yourself a place to sleep tonight and when you finish that test tomorrow call me. I can be up there by Friday evening."

"Thanks again dad." I say smiling.

"Sure pumpkin," he says back. "I love you."

"I love you too." I hang up the phone and look up at the neon light lighting up my car. I sigh, grabbing my purse and walk into the office. I rent the last room for the night. The woman behind the counter hands me the keycard for room 203. I smile and thank her. I walk back to my car and grab my backpack. I run back into the building and up to my room.

I open the door. Two queen size beds sit side by side. I throw my things down on the first bed and then myself on the other. The bed is so comfy. I almost drift off to sleep when a knock comes from the door. I get up and walk over to it. "I didn't order anything," I yell. The knock happens again. "Go away please." Then for the third time the knock happens.

Maybe it's someone with the wrong room. I open the door. Mark was standing on the other side. "Are you fucking kidding me!" I try and slam the door. But his foot takes most of the blow though.

"I just want to talk, please." He begs.

"Move your foot." I demand.

"No," he says sternly.

"Move it or I shoot it off." I demand again.

"You don't have a gun in there." He says calmly.

"You don't know that." I say starting at him. The pain of my top teeth burring themselves in my lower lip is the only thing keeping me from crying.

He looks at me with concern, "You don't do you?"

"Why do you think I'm here?" I say. "NOW MOVE YOUR FOOT." He pushes the door open and grabs me pulling me into his arms. I try pushing him off of me, "LET GO OF ME!?!" He finally lets go of me then walks over to my stuff.

"Where is it?" he says standing there. I shake my head and look away. "(Y/N) where's the gun?"

I sigh, "I don't have one," I start rubbing my eyes.

"What?"

"There's no gun." I say boldly. "My dad wouldn't let me bring it to school. He however let me bring my mace and if you do not leave my room I will be using it on you."