Chapter 31

Classes went fast for the day, two of my classes gave me homework for Wednesday but I'm not going to bother Mark with it, I guess I'll find a time where I can do it this weekend. Mark and I left from class to dinner. Mark half smiles at me as he looks down at the menu, he's trying to hide that he keeps stressfully running his fingers through his hair. "What's the matter?" I ask putting my menu down.

He looks up, "Nothing, why?"

I raise my eyebrow, "I know something's wrong." I sit with my hands folded on top of my menu. "I'm not going to order until you tell me what's the matter."

He sighs, "They want everyone to catch up with grading before our big meeting Tuesday." He runs his fingers through his hair again. "Now have to grade everything that was turned in today. " He looks back up, "I feel horrible that you did all your things before this weekend and now I have to hide in my office for who knows how long it's going to take. And this time I'm not letting you help me." He points his finger at me.

I smile, "I wasn't going to tell you but I had two things assigned to me this weekend for homework." I lean against the table, "But that's okay, we can find a time this weekend to do work."

"I'm ruining our weekend of relaxation with work already." He puts down his menu.

"It's not ruined," I reach across the table grabbing his hand, "We're still going to have an amazing weekend."

"You are the most amazing person I have ever met," He mumbles. He reaches over with his other hand, "We can do whatever you want all weekend. From this moment forward you are not going to lift a finger."

I smile, "You and I both know that's not going to happen."

He chuckles, "Well you know that you don't have to do anything, all you have to do is ask."

_________________________

Dinner was wonderful, just sitting and talking about everything. We sat there for what felt like hours. We took our time eating. "You know since you told me about your assignment I sat down yesterday and started sticky note my way through the book, there's way more than three there but..."

"You didn't have to do that for me," I said smiling. We were walking our way to the front door of his house.

He smiles, "I wanted to." We get through the door and he tries to distracts me by grabbing my face and kissing me, I grab his wrists trying to pull his hands away, but nothing is working.

"How about this, you go finish your work before you forget about it, I'll take care of mine and then find us a movie to watch."

He wraps himself around me, snuggling his face into my neck, "I don't deserve you," he whispers.

"What do you mean by that?" I said wrapping myself around him as well.

"When we are supposed to do nothing together this weekend I got work thrown on me taking me away from you. And you are okay with it, I owe you for everything." he says quietly.

"It's going to pull you away from me at some point this weekend anyway if you don't get it done now. So why not get it done before we start enjoying ourselves instead of later?" I say whispering.

He stands up straight still holding me, "I promise, after I'm done, I am all your."

I smiled then put my hand up on his cheek running my thumb over the stubble on his cheek. "I would like that, plus I have a surprise for you." He raises his eyebrow in curiosity, and then walks slowly to the back of his office. I hear the door close and start working on my own things.