Chapter 45

"You're sure you are going to be okay staying here for the day?" he asks tying his tie.

I smiled and pulled the blanket up my body more, "Mark, I'm going to be fine. This is where I'm going to stay and not going to move."

He put his hands in his pockets as he walked up to the end of the bed, "You are not going to order anything? You are not going to answer the door for anything?"

I squint my eyes, "I'm older than 10. I can..."

"Just promise me you are not going to answer the door for anything," he says sighing. I stare at him, he's being overprotective and he knows it. "It will make me feel 100% better leaving you here today."

I shake my head, "I will not touch the door." He finishes by buttoning the front of his jacket. I watch his fingers then look back up to see his hair hanging in front of his face. I push the blanket down my legs and crawl on my knees to sit on them in front of him. His head lifts just a bit obviously noticing me, I lift his chin making him look at me. I bite my lower lip as I fix his hair, his hand comes up and grabs the side of my face.

"I wish this meeting wasn't important but..." he says quietly. He leans down and kisses me, softer than normal.

I part first, "Maybe we should have a date night tonight?" His hand slides down from my cheek to my hip. "If you would like?"

He smiles, "I would like that a lot." He pulls his hand away from my hip, "But don't order anything" he pokes my nose lightly. "I'll call you when I am on my way home and can pick up dinner." Taking a step back looking at the watch around his wrist, "I'm actually running late now. I will see you later?" He leans over kissing me again.

I nod my head and watch as he walks out of the bedroom.

___________________

"The meeting's finally over," he sounds exhausted. "What would you want me to pick up for dinner?"

I shake my head, "Get whatever you want. I'll eat whatever."

"Alright," he says, "I'll be home in about 20 or so minutes."

Hopping out of bed, I look around the house, "Okay." I say kind of excited. "See you then," hanging up the phone then go back to picking up what little was out of place around the living room. I let Chica out and run upstairs making the bed. Walking back down the stairs looking at the time, I've still got about 10 minutes left. Letting Chica back inside before I go to the dining room to start setting the table with plates and glasses of water. The door squeaks open, "Hello?"

It quickly slams shut, "Hello," he yells back. Turning back to the living room and watch him walking in with several bags of food.

"I thought..." I say pointing to the bags.

He smiles, walks over and kisses me before walking to the counter next to the stove. "I wanted homemade food for tonight," he says starts pulling things out of the bag.

I smile, "That sounds great. I didn't get the chance to light the candles on the table, so I will do that." I walk to the cabinet where the lighter is in the drawer and turn back to the table and light the candles. Turning back to the counter Mark is bending over grabbing something from the cabinet. I put the lighter back in the drawer and reach over smacking his butt.

He shoots up and turns around slowly, he has a small smile across his face. "You want to play that game?" He squints raising one of his eyebrows.

My eyes get wide, I'm afraid of what's going to happen. "I'm sorry, I love you."

His face drops staring at me, "What did you just say?"

I exhale, "I'm sorry?"

He scrunches his eyebrows, "After that."

"Umm... I love you?" I say as a question.

He stares at me with a smile across his face, "Do you mean that?"

I look at the floor, "That I love you?" I take a second before I look back up at him, my cheeks are starting to get very hot, probably to him it looks like I'm blushing. He has his hands in front of him holding one of the boxed items from the bags. His dark brown eyes are staring at me, "Of course I mean that."

He drops the box and walks over grabbing my neck and hip pulling me close to him and pressing his lips on mine. He parts first, "Oh thank god." We both stand there for a second breathing kind of heavy.

I grab his arm trying to balance myself, "I've been wanting to say it since we were at the airport before I left."

He pressed his lips against mine again, causing butterflies in my stomach. "I love you so much," he says pressing his forehead against mine.

"I love you too." He pulls his forehead away from me, he completely lets go of me and holds out his hand. I grab his hand as he leads me upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Friends, 

Thank you for joining me on the adventure of MPO! I cannot thank each and every one of you enough! I never would have expected for this story to have been read by so many amazing people. I enjoyed writing this story so much and this story was really a Saving Grace for me. This story idea came to me when I was in very low times or when I just needed an outlet away from the world for a little bit. I hope for my friends out there reading this right now you are finding comfort in the adventure as well. Please know, you are strong and will make it out of any battle you too are fighting.

This is the end of this side of the story! If you didn't know there is an alternate ending for those of you who want to tag along and see how things would have changed if you had opened the drawer way back in Chapter 39, it's a whole other story on my profile called "Patient's Please." New things are coming soon!

Thank you so much for everything.

Much love <3 <3 <3

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update/P.S.:

I just wanted to put this down here instead of making the ending of this story uneven. I think we are totally ok with only 45 chapters right *Nervous laugh*

Anyway! I just wanted to say thank you SOOO SOOOO SOOOOO SOOO MUCH for 10K READS! I never believed in myself that this story would get very far at all. I just put it out there because I was struggling and I needed an outlet to express myself instead of internalizing it. Thank you! Thank you all so much!