Chapter 38

I had emptied at least 3 of the boxes that were sitting in the corner of the room. I took the boxes to the garage and placed them against the wall. I walked back to the bedroom and started emptying the suitcase I brought with me. I put the things at the back of the closet, the other boxes in my room were waiting for the rest of my furniture. I sat down on the bed and sighed. I guess this would be the best time to call Mark. A couple rings later, "Hello?" he said very confused.

"Hey, were you asleep?" I ask.

He groans, "I guess I fell asleep on the couch."

I start picking on the fuzz on my blanket, "Do you want me to call you later?"

"No, you're fine." He says I can hear him shuffling something on his lap. "What are you doing?"

I looked around, "I'm waiting for my dad to bring more furniture from my room so I can unpack everything. What have you been doing?"

"Grading," he says quietly. "Just lots and lots of grading. Since I don't have my amazing grading assistant with me, helping me with it. Oh I forgot, I have some exciting news when you come back." He says in a very sleepy excited tone.

I smile, "Alright." I sigh, "Can I ask you what I said while very drunk yesterday night?"

I hear him chuckle, "Your drunk self didn't tell me much," I put my hand on my heart. "You just said that John's dad was going to be off probation and that John was Jenna's baby daddy. Then you asked me if I was Christian Grey."

I run my fingers over my eyebrows at the last part, "So apart from the last part I guess there's quite a lot to explain huh?"

"You don't have to explain anything if you don't want to." He says.

I look over to the little bit of folder sticking out of the top of my backpack, "I know I don't have to, but I told you before, you make me want to tear my walls down. I will tell you as much as you want to know when I come home." I hear him exhale, "I'm sure you have a bunch of questions."

"I don't really have questions," he says.

"Really?" I say confused.

"Actually I have one." He says. I try and hide a chuckle.

"Well you better write it down on one of those sticky notes you bought, so you don't forget it." I say smiling.

I hear something fall, "I will write it down now."

Dad pokes his head into the room, "The rest of your furniture is in the living room." He notices that I'm on the phone and quickly ducks back out of the room.

"Are you going to go?" he asks quietly.

I look back at the boxes, "No I can talk for a bit. I just want to tell you it might be late before I call tomorrow."

"You don't have to call if you don't feel like it." He says. "It seems like your trip home has been rough."

I start messing with my pants, "I'll tell you all about it Tuesday as well."

"That reminds me, I need you to text me the new house address." I roll my eyes, "I know you said no more but I already had this one planned since you and I talked last weekend and I don't want them to go to the wrong place."

I sigh, "Mark is this actually going to be the last one?"

"I mean, until you come home at least." I rolled my eyes again. "You are never going to stop me when you are actually here."

"Fine, I'll text you when I get off the phone." I sigh. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure," he says very quietly.