Chapter 30

Mark starts packing his things up, "Are you sure you don't want to come home with me? One more night before this crazy week starts?"

I smile watching from my doorframe, "No, I think I'll stay home for tonight."

"Are you going to be okay if she comes back home?" He points back to the door behind him.

I laugh, "I think I can take her." I walk back into my room, I notice my scarfs on the floor still from last night. I pick them up and put them in my closet. I hang the dress from our first date on the door knob of my closet.

"What are you doing?" He asks behind me.

I turn back to him, "Since I'm going back home in two weeks I'm going to go ahead and start taking some things I really don't need here back to my room back home."

"Oh," he said quietly. "So you are going to take them all home?"

I turn back to the closet, "No, I told you I have two others." I pull out only the skirt part. "Unless you plan on taking me on two more dates by the time I go home for the weekend."

"How long are you going to be gone?" he asks sounding a bit upset.

"Ugh... I leave Friday really early in the morning and come back Tuesday afternoon." I say half-smiling. "Sunday is the actual anniversary, I'm staying a bit longer so I can hang out with my dad for a couple of days."

He smiles, "How are you getting home?"

"Flying," I say crossing my arms and lean against the wall.

"I can take you and pick you up from the airport." He says picking up his shirt from the floor.

"Are you sure? I leave at four in the morning," I say standing up straight again.

He walks over and wraps his arms around my waist, "Of course, giving me a chance to give you a goodbye and welcome back kiss." He leans down for a kiss. "You know what," he says pulling me closer to him. "Since we have one more weekend together, why don't we go away for the weekend?"

"What?" I say without thinking. "I mean like where are we going to go? When are we going to leave? How long are we going to be gone?"

He starts laughing, "You just let me plan everything but since we have the three day weekend I would love to enjoy it with you. We could do a date night on Friday night then come back Monday night."

"As wonderful as that sounds I mean this is the only week I have before I leave and I'm going to try and get ahead on my homework so I don't have to worry about it when I'm gone." I say pressing my lips together. "But a mini vacay sounds great." I curl my nose up after that.

Mark continues laughing at me, "Well think of it as a reward, when get everything done you can enjoy doing nothing with me."

I put my head down on his shoulder and smile, "Alright, I think I can do that."

__________________________________

I have to get everything done either today or during classes. I look down at my phone, It's 11:30am on Thursday. This week has gone by so quickly, I walk into the library, the same woman's here from when I asked her to keep the library open late. "Hey sweetie, how are you doing?" she asked with a gentle grin.

"I'm alright, I came to do homework again." I sighed, "I have so much stuff to work on."

She waves her finger pulling me to the computer closer to her, "There's a bunch of kids that I've asked to be quiet for the past hour now. They won't take a private office room." She starts typing really fast. "There's a room with a small table and a couple chairs I know you will enjoy, it's secluded and I know you like peace and quiet." She passes me a slip of paper and a key on a lanyard.