1: The Introduction

Due to the vast amount of complaints I get about this book, I'm opening with this:

There's lots of triggers in this book. And every book of mine. And probably many other's books. I marked this book as mature. If you are not mature, find a different book. You may feel attacked by my personal decisions in the story, you may hate the main character and you may even feel the need to tell me how poorly of a job I did on this book. Don't worry! I know all this! But I keep the book up because some people love this book (me included!). Don't ruin it for everyone with mean comments.

He had a crazy look in his eyes. Hisoka became almost devoid of emotion and began wandering around Zevil's Island.

Where's my cute little wife when I need her most? He thought to himself blandly. He really needed to relieve this... tension. I'll have to call her. She knows just what to say to me.

And it was true. After almost ten long, arduous, amorous years of marriage, you knew exactly what to say to get him off. Gon watched from afar as Hisoka stumbled blindly, ready to kill. He was thankful that he was out of his path.

"Pick up the phone, darling." Hisoka grumbled. "I need you." Back home however, it was you who was needing him.

"Zenko, Akio, for goodness sake, can you give me the phone?! I'm trying to feed Chouko and you're killing me. Honestly."

"But Mama!" Zenko started.

"Nu-uh! Don't make me get up from the chair. You'll wish I never had."

He and his brother gulped. Mad Mama was certainly someone they weren't prepared to deal with. Akio ran over and handed you the phone.

"Thank you. Jeez." You answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Oh, thank goodness my dear, I thought perhaps you wouldn't pick up~ I need your help."

"Huh. Well, Hisoka I need your help too. But instead you're who-knows-how-many hours away and you've once again left me for some undisclosed amount of time with our three little monsters." Hisoka was irritated. He had hoped you were going to be more agreeable than this.

"Look, Yumi, I'm trying to get off. Are you going to help me or not?"

"How am I supposed to help you with a baby literally sucking the life out of me and naughty twin boys who AREN'T BEHAVING," You screamed out as you watched Akio throw a ball straight at a vase you liked. Hisoka, on the other hand, smiled in a rather creepy manner that sent chills up Gon's spine as he watched the magician stand against a tree.

Well if that's all that's distracting her...

"Put Chouko down for a nap. Tell her that there's some beautiful butterflies here. Give the phone to Zenko and Akio on speaker. Then, put them down too." You sighed and debated whether or not to let him in on what you had been thing you had been thinking about for the last few weeks... months... year or two...

No, I don't think he'd understand. He never understands. You sighed again and took Chouko into the nursery. Once she had finished nursing, her eyelids drooped and you sung her a short lullaby as you rocked her in your arms. Meanwhile, the boys were talking to their father.

"Zenko, Akio." His authority was clear, even through the phone.

"Yes, Papa?" They chimed together.

"I need to talk to your mother alone." Hisoka's voice was cold and dangerous. "If I don't get to talk to her, I'm going to have to come home early. And if I have to come home early, I will not be happy. Do you hear me?"

"Y-yes, Papa." Akio stuttered.

"Are you going to bring us home a present?" Zenko asked impudently.

"Only good boys get presents.~ Now go take a nap and let me talk to your mother. I love you, boys, I'll see you soon. Kisses~"

"Kisses!" They chimed as they turned to see their exhausted mother reaching for the phone.

"Keep away, Aiko!"

"Keep away, Zenko!" The boys tossed the phone between them and began speeding around the house.

"One... Two..." You began the dreaded countdown. 

"AHHH!" The boys screamed in terror and quickly handed you the phone.

"Bed. Now. Any more sounds out of you and I'll cry. I promise."

"Oh, Mama." Zenko reached up to grab your fingers.

"Don't cry, Mama." Aiko grabbed your other fingers. Once again, you sighed. This time, you led your twins to bed and sat with them until they finally fell asleep. You slipped into your own bedroom.

"Alright, now what's up with you? You need this right now?" You asked exasperatedly.

"Right now."

"Alright fine."