19: Devising a Plan

It was another few days before Hisoka could even guess where you might be hiding out. You had been ignoring his calls that came three times a day and he had less than a week before his fight. "The only other place she can learn about me is from the emotionless assassin himself. And his parents are so fond of our babies. She has to be here." He said outloud as he approached the door in an all black tuxedo and a bouquet of red and white roses. He felt so sure that you would be here. As he knocked, Illumi immediately opened the front door.

"I'm flattered, but I have no interest in you." He said with a monotone voice.

"Don't be dumb. I'm here for my wife." Hisoka scowled.

"Who?" Illumi continued taunting Hisoka.

"Don't play with me. I'm not in the mood." He clenched the flowers. This wasn't going to end well. Meanwhile, you and your children arrived at Heaven's Arena.

"Hello, we're Hisoka's Morow's family. Could we get the key to his room? He'll be joining us shortly."

"Oh yes, one moment please." The attendant shuffled under their desk and grabbed a key card for you. They handed it to you and wished you a pleasant day. But before you turned around and left, you looked back at them. "Uh, do you work here all the time?" You asked hesitantly.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Have you... talked with Hisoka a lot?"

"Perhaps not 'a lot' but enough."

"Did you... know he was married?" They gave you a very odd look.

"Yes. Mr. Morow consistently refers to you and his children."

"Th-thank you." You smiled inwardly and hurried your children up to the room. You wouldn't be able to stay here very long, but you had a plan. And that plan included sleeping in your husband's luxurious apartment. As you got to the room, you realized you were practically dragging your kids. A nap was in order, and you doubted you would even need your nen to help. For some reason, air travel really messed with your children and made them tired. You were floored when you opened the door. It was massive and fancy. But you needed the bed and quick. As you walked into each room, looking for the bed, you also realized you were once again missing a crib. This is going to take forever. You thought to yourself as you finally reached the bedroom. "Up into bed, boys. Nap time."

"Yeah, Mama." Zenko murmured.

"Okay, Mama." Akio seconded.

You sighed as you helped them into bed and kissed their foreheads. Chouko was already asleep and your back was getting sore holding her. So you decided to take her out of the sling and sit down to hold her. Picking up the in-apartment phone, you dialed down the the front desk. "Hello? Could I get a crib up here?"

"A... crib? No, we don't have any cribs sorry."

"Oh, alright, thanks." You smacked your own face. Of course they wouldn't have any cribs at the battle arena. You decided to just lay down on the couch with Chouko on top of you. You'd like a nap too. But instead, right on time, your husband called. And you were in the mood to talk.