24: The Fight Continues

He looked right at you, guided by your strong aura blast. But when he saw his sons, looking surprised, but not scared, and he daughter reaching out for him, Hisoka decided he wouldn't follow his instinct and forfeit to capture you. He would prove to you that he could protect you. And maybe make you worry enough not to run away. He figured you had done something, said something, to the kids so that they wouldn't be scared. But you knew. You knew this was real and that your husband had just lost a piece of his arm. The visceral reaction that you provided him was enough reassurance for now that he could continue on in his fight. And he would apologize to you properly later if you let him.

"He's take considerable damage!" The announcer screamed as Hisoka held his own arm in his attached hand.

"You ability is in fact, a double." Your skilled husband said out loud, deducing Kastro's nen.

"You are correct." Kastro demonstrated again. "My double goes on the attack, while I hide in the shadows. This is the true Tiger Bite Fist, completed through the mastery of nen." This next part, despite your fear for your husband, made you laugh, just a little bit. "I call it the True Tiger Bite Fist!" He was quite the original move-namer. "Next, I will take your left arm!"

"Hmm. Let's see... I think I have a little motivation now." Hisoka's tongue licked his lips, inspiring a bit of jealousy in you. He did that whenever you undressed. Then, he whipped out a cloth. Texture Surprise... Good choice. You thought to yourself. This was getting interesting, as well as a bit scary. How was he going to hold Chouko, or the boys, with no arms?

"What's this?" The announcer pointed out. "Hisoka has covered his right arm with a scarf!" Up, he threw his arm, causing a shower of card to rain down, each with just a bit of Bungee Gum on them. His arm was gone.

"Now then," Hisoka's smile was huge. He was going to get to show you how good he was at this. At protecting you. "Pick a number from these."

Oh goodness, this trick. You smiled, reminiscing about when he first learned it and had tried it countless times on you.

"Once you have your number," he continued. "Add four and double the result. After that, subtract six, and divide by two. Finally, subtract by the original number" The smile dropped off his face. "I already know your answer."

"UGH!" You grimaced as Hisoka reached into his own bloody stump and pulled out a card.

"The answer is one." He smiled. You rolled your eyes. No matter how many times you tried to explain to him that that trick didn't even work, he always used it anyway. Perhaps just to throw people off with how wrong it was, or it was his version of a joke.

"Scumbag. I will sever your left arm." Kastro repeated.

Damn, we get it. You rolled your eyes again. I almost want you to take it now.

"You may have it." Hisoka taunted.

"Woah! One of the Kastros is charging forward!" The announcer yelled.

"NO!" You screamed out a you watched your husband's other arm go flying. This is too much. I'm going to have to check on him.