22: The Best Apology

"Alright, we got our tickets kids, now let's hide from Daddy." You said mostly to your twins.

"If we're trying to hide from Daddy, then why didn't we leave? Doesn't he have a battle today?" Akio, a very perceptive child, asked you.

"I miss Daddy." You responded gently. And it was true. You did. But, you also wanted an apology, in person and Hisoka always gave the best apologies. Especially when he messed up this bad.

It was a week before you even saw Hisoka again, and before you saw him, you saw his apology. A brand new desk chair, built to look just like your other one. As well as a vase, filled with at least two dozen red and white roses. There was no way that you could have missed it, as it was right in front of your bedroom door.

"Did you make this?" You asked as you looked up to Hisoka, leaning against the wall furthest from your door.

"Yeah."

"Help me bring it in." You said bluntly. He stood up straight, picked up the chair and roses and walked into your room.

"So?" You asked him as you sat on your bed. His hair was down today, but he had his usual face paint and a tank top with shorts.

"I'm sorry. I brought you roses. I know you like those better. And I didn't just get you a few." He sat down in front of you and put his head near your lap, casting his eyes down.

"You're not competing Bungee."

"Well then why do I feel like that?"

"What are you even competing for? My attention?" You pulled his head onto your lap and ran your fingers through his hair. You had both been rather snuggly as friends, so it wasn't unusual for you to do this.

"Your love." He mumbled into your thighs. You felt his warm breath against your thigh, shivering from it just a bit.

"You know I love you, Bungee! You're my best friend." 

"Don't see that guy anymore."

"What?" You looked down at him. "Who are you to tell me--"

"Be mine."

"Oh."

"I  don't ever want to feel the way I did again. I love you, Yumi. If I could, I'd marry you right now."

"Bungee..." He stood up and looked down at you, with an almost pathetic look in his eyes. He ran his fingers along your face gently. Hisoka was a good person, and you knew that. You knew him very well and were quite comfortable with him. So comfortable in fact, that as he leaned in with heavy-lidded eyes, you didn't move away. And as his plump lips touched yours, instead of pushing him away for the sudden advance, you allowed him. More than that, you egged him on, grasping the shoulders of his tank top and pulling him closer. This was just what he needed. Encouraged, he leaned you down against the mattress and removed his shirt. "You're so fit." You breathed out.

"Yeah. I know you like that." His voice shook and his smile had never been bigger.

"What do you want to do?" You asked, wondering how far he would push you.

"Only what you want to do."

You laughed at the memory. You supposed that this was also a small apology from you, for abandoning him, as well as encouragement. Regardless, he was going to be very surprised.