53: Nevermind

As Hisoka burst into his house, the first thing he saw was Chrollo, in pajamas, watching his sons sleep. Instantly, his aura flared.

"What are you... Nevermind. Where's my wife? Watch my kids." He began walking up the stairs as Chrollo spoke.

"We didn't do anything. She's in her bedroom." Chrollo quickly relayed. "I didn't hurt her. My word."

Nodding, but otherwise ignoring him, Hisoka rushed up to you.

"Oh my wife. My precious woman. Darling. Sweetheart." He rushed over and picked you up. "Baby. Love. You look..." He cried as he carried your bleeding body out of your room and down the stairs. "You look so bad. I'm sorry, my dearest. But you look like death. I'm taking you to the hospital. Chrollo will watch our children."

"S-Sorry..." Your nen was wearing thin, and the cold night air made you shiver uncontrollably.

"No apologies. Let's just both forget we ever separated. Let me come home. Let me be your husband." His own nen was running low as well, but he needed to get you to the hospital. Now.

"Yeah..." You mumbled.

"Stay with me, my truest love. How's Chouko? How are the boys?" He wanted to keep you awake.

"Good... Fine..." You pulled your body closer to his, trying to steal the warmth.

"How... how far were you along?" His face was wet with tears, but he wouldn't dare let go of you. Another twenty minutes at his top speed. That's all it would take.

"Two months... Since... The apartment..."

He chuckled sadly. He should have known better. He knew exactly how compatible you and him were. After a few more minutes, he spoke again.

"I shouldn't have left you. I should have fought to stay close to you." He kissed your head. You had passed out at this point.

As Hisoka ran and ran, he finally made it to the destination.

"Please, help!" He called out.

It was only seconds before you were whisked away from him and he collapsed onto a chair. He was done. His body was done.

Your body however, was not. Despite being passed out, your body was okay. Your nen had tried its very best to sustain you, and now you were in the hands of capable doctors.

Hisoka was passed out for hours before anyone even thought about waking him.

"Sir...Sir!" A brave nurse shook him awake.

"Wh-Where's my wife?!" He woke with a start.

"She's okay, sir. Sleeping."

"The baby?"

"No baby, sir. I'm so sorry."

He put his head in his hands.

"Doesn't matter. I have my wife." He was crying again; but this time it was out of relief.

"Funny... Your wife said something similar." The nurse mentioned. "Come with me."

Hisoka stood and followed dutifully behind, until he saw you, less grey than before and sleeping peacefully instead of shivering.

"...Thanks." He mumbled as he walked over to the bed. Not wanting to wake you up, he just laid on the bed and pet your hair. "Oh my wife... My wife..."

He just continued to call to you and then he pulled out his phone.

Hisoka: Thank you. Please stay until we come home. I got you an exorcist. I sent him to Meteor City.

He texted Chrollo quickly.

Chrollo: Truce.

Hisoka: Truce.

He put his phone back in his pocket and then he fell asleep.