47: Get To Know You

"Grab my satchel for me." He pointed at the bag from his spot on the ground.

"Uh, alright." You picked it up and placed it next to him, watching as he rustled around in it for what looked like a wallet.

"Here." He handed you a photo. "I may not be around babies often anymore, but when I was younger I took care of one."

You stuck your lower lip out and scrunched your eyebrows together.

"Aww, baby Chrollo! And who is this?" You asked about the blond baby next to him.

"That's actually Shalnark. I know the eyes aren't quite right, but the whole photo was pretty dark. It's just some awful Polaroid picture from a broken camera we found in the junk at Meteor City." He tickled your daughter, causing her to giggle.

"Is he your little brother?" You asked while you handed his photograph back.

"Practically, but not by blood. I found him when he was two. So I suppose actual newborns are very unknown to me still, but toddlers are my forte." Sitting up, he handed Chouko to you, remembering that she needed to eat, and then finally took a seat right next to you again. "Does she still..."

You rolled your eyes.

"Yes, she is. I know she's a little bit old, but you know the doctors say until age two, so it isn't that weird. Damn, everyone's up my ass about it." You grumbled. So what if you wanted that special time with you daughter? She could barely talk anyway.

You hesitated to unbutton your flannel, wondering if he would leave. Instead, he just sat there looking at you patiently.

"What else do you need help with?" He asked as he casually reclined on the couch.

"Could you do the dishes in the sink? I was going to do them before you arrived." You sighed and proceeded to unbutton your shirt. No use in being modest now.

He tried not to stare. Having always wondered what was underneath your clothes, it was like torture to ask him to go to another room while you sat there partially undressed.

Sitting Chouko up, you went to remove your bra, only to find that Chrollo still hadn't left. So you cleared your throat and looked up at him.

"Oh, oh. My apologies. Yes, I will go clean the dishes now, Yumi." He shook his head and walked into the kitchen, mumbling something.

Ah, I can't be mad. It's kind of cute. You thought to yourself as you began to feed your daughter.

"How old are you Chrollo?" You asked him. The kitchen was literally next to the living room, so he could easily hear anything you said.

"I'm twenty-six."

"Really? You seem so young. I'm also twenty-six!"

Hmm. Two years younger than Hisoka. He thought to himself as he ran the water and began scrubbing. There were only a handful of dishes in the sink but he figured every little thing counted.

"What a coincidence. Perhaps I seem young because I don't have a family like you."

"You could, I'm sure. I feel like you could find a wife easily." You flattered him.

"Ah, it's not quite that simple. I'm very... picky. And I always want what I can't have. Nature of a thief I suppose." And it's exactly what I'm doing here. He thought devilishly.