14: Rich People

As you and your children boarded the airship, you imagined that you were quite the sight. It was around three in the morning and all three of your kids were passed out cold. That meant you were carrying all of them into the ship and trying to find a place where all of your kids could be laid out. This problem was short-lived, however. When you went to the ATM to pull out money from your account, you decided to check your balance.

It was shocking. Millions were just sitting there. Millions. You couldn't even comprehend billions. The cost for the best airship compartment barely cracked five thousand. So for a twenty-three hour flight, you decided it was worth the cost. And by the time you boarded, you knew it definitely was. It was a four bunk room, meaning your twins could have their own beds on the bottom and you could sleep on the top. But you weren't quite sure where Chouko would go. You couldn't sleep with her, out of fear for rolling over on top of her. The boys hated sleeping with her, so that wouldn't work either. And of course you wouldn't put her on the floor.

You laid each of the boys in their respective beds and tucked them in. Taking a quick break to shake your arms out, you then peaked out of the door. "Uh, hello?" You signaled to a flight attendant.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Do you have anything I could put my baby in?" You wiggled to get Chouko into your arms, so you could show the person how big she was. "A box even would work."

"Hold on, ma'am, we will bring you something quickly!" You were surprised at how urgent that sounded. It wasn't any kind of emergency, but everyone had been looking at you funny since you had paid for the luxury suite in cash. You supposed that rich people probably got better service. You also supposed that you were now part of that group. Slightly irritated that you were so careful with money when you had literal riches, you were still shocked when a beautiful crib was brought in. A fluffy, soft blanket laid within it and for a moment, you were a touch jealous of Chouko's accommodations. You wished you were a baby again.

"Thank you so much." You said as you unwrapped Chouko from the baby sling and laid her into the crib. She looked so precious.

"Please, if you need anything else, do no hesitate to let us know." They whispered as they left.

You didn't need anything but a good night sleep for now. You knew how intimidating the Zoldycks could be. Kikyo and Silva had come to Chouko's first birthday. Kikyo was absolutely obsessed with her and often invited you over. Before today however, you had never wanted to travel with your children. But now, you decided to call up Kikyo and let her know you were on your way. The Zoldycks were probably not someone you just wanted to drop in on. Just as you laid down, you pulled out your cell phone and turned it back on. Twenty missed calls from Hisoka, which you quickly deleted. Then, you searched through your contacts for Kikyo and hit dial.

"Oh, YN! How wonderful to hear from you? How is that beautiful little Chouko?"

"Wonderful, wonderful. In fact, so wonderful that I'm comfortable with us traveling to see you! Would it be okay for us to come over tomorrow and stay for a few days?"

"Is it okay?! It's fantastic! Oh, I simply must prepare!" She hung up the phone quickly. You smiled, knowing that your daughter would once again be spoiled completely rotten. Why didn't people love your twins like they did your daughter? You thought about it briefly, as your mind abruptly turned off and you quickly fell asleep.