51: Still Dreaming

That peculiarity of evening followed you into the night.

As you fell asleep alone in your bed, you mind drifted back to when Hisoka was twenty and you were eighteen. The night of your engagement.

Hisoka had styled his hair so prettily that night, gelled lightly into beautiful, pink-red swoops. He had his favorite make-up on as well as some cute earrings. A velvet black blazer laid over his bare torso, while plain black slacks decorated his legs. To you however, this was Bungee being Bungee. He dressed well and he liked to take you out.

"Where to tonight, flashy?" You had asked as you held his hands in front of you.

"I was thinking to simply treat you to a dinner at home tonight.~" Hisoka was trying to be charming, but you and him were low on money and that meant you couldn't go out as much anymore. "In fact, I made it while you were at Abaki's~"

"Oh?" You had looked at him curiously. "Should I dress up nicely?"

"Ah, well I think you should, but you know how I like to see you.~" He stroked the side of your face as he smiled lovingly. He loved you so, so much. And tonight he was going to prove it to you.

Smiling and nodding your head side-to-side, you enjoy a moment more with Hisoka before retreating up to your room. Hisoka had bought you a house a year ago, at the insistence that he also get to live there. However, that didn't mean that you shared a bed with him every night. You had your own room separate from Hisoka's despite his pleas. He hoped you would give in tonight.

Putting on some of your favorite fancy clothes, you looked at yourself in the mirror. You looked good, you had thought. Hisoka didn't have a lot of recipes that he could do, but the ones he could make were to die for.

As you walked back downstairs to the kitchen, you sniffed the air. Garlic. It must have been a pasta dish. Entering the dining room, you noticed that candles were lit and the pasta was arranged. Not just any pasta though; it was your favorite.

Squid ink with sea salt and basil.

"Absolutely stunning, Bungee. Really, you're too good for me." You smiled as you moved to sit down.

"Wait, please I honestly cannot wait any longer." Hisoka dug in his pocket and collapsed onto his knee. "Please, please, please. PLEASE, please. Pleasepleaseplease. Please, marry me, Yumi. I don't want to live a second more without the promise that you'll be my wife."

Then he presented you with the ring.

You looked down and then smiled.

"You got me, Bungee. I have to say yes to you now. There's no way I can say no with this kind of set-up." You gave him a huge smile. "Yes, yes, yes!"

You smiled as you drifted off to sleep.

Around four in the morning you woke up to a warm feeling drifting down your leg.

Am I... pissing on myself? You thought suspiciously as you flung your covers down.

Blood. Blood everywhere. And then you screamed a blood-curdling scream.