29: Pancake Breakfast

"Danchou!" Machi yelled out at Chrollo threw his phone across the room. "Is everything okay?"

"No." He laid his head in his hands.

"Danchou. Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying." He was crying. He didn't know why he was crying. He didn't really feel sad. But maybe just... unfair.

Machi went to retrieve his phone and through the shattered screen saw what had made Chrollo so uncharacteristically upset. It was a photo of her least favorite magician, naked and in bed with his wife and his youngest child. It made her angry too.

Illumi on the other had was just annoyed at it.

"How does he have someone like that and I do not." He grumbled.

"Because you're annoying as hell. Shut up, I'm trying to play on my portable gaming system." Milluki commented. In response, Illumi threw a needle at him. "MAMAAAA!" Milluki screamed out.

"You're annoying as hell." Illumi mumbled as he awaited his punishment.

You on the other hand, were currently in the midst of your punishment. It was breakfast time at the Morow's household and your children were pretty grumpy.

"Chouko baby, what's wrong?" Hisoka frowned as he held his screaming daughter in his arms.

"I didn't let her have the knife." You sighed, still exhausted.

"GIVE IT BACK! IT WAS MINE AKI" Zenko screeched.

"MAMA MAMA MAMA ZENI'S STEALING!" Akio screeched right back.

"Boys!" Hisoka snapped. "Your mother is trying to make us a delicious breakfast!" He had to yell above Chouko's own voice. "What are you even fighting over?"

"He took my plate!" Akio sobbed.

You slammed your spatula down on the stove causing a big bang and a silence.

"You have the same exact plate. Now, if I hear one more scream before I get to sit down and eat my own pancakes, I'm going to quit my job as a mommy. I swear." You said quietly. "Bungee. Please bring all the plates over here and bring me the syrup, please."

Your family shuddered at the thought of being left alone and for the next few minute, everyone, even your husband, was silent. The menu today was pancakes. Blueberry and chocolate chips with syrup. On the side of that was some scrambled eggs. It was like it was a normal day. Like you had never run away. Like how you were all supposed to be.

As you sat down at the table, noise erupted once again. But this time you smiled. As your baby happily burbled and chewed on bit of plain pancake that Hisoka tore from his own food, your boys cheered and made airplane noises feeding themselves. And you made lovey-dovey eyes at your husband.

It was a delicious breakfast and having gotten quickly back in the swing of things, your husband cleaned up and did the dishes while you brought the kids to the living room.

"TV! TV!" The boys chanted.

"Oh, I don't know boys..." You weren't sure what would be on the stations here.

"Channel Six. That's the kids channel." Hisoka called out.

"Alright, just because Daddy knows. Say thank you to him."

"THANKS DADDY!" The twins screamed out.

Yeah. This was home. For now.