20: Boiling Over

"Hello?" You answered the phone quietly, as not to disturb Chouko.

"Where are you?~" Hisoka asked, sounding like he had a stuffy nose.

"What's up with your voice? Did some little boy's father punch your lights out?" You laughed internally at your joke.

"Whatever Illumi said about that, it's not true.~ There was two young boys that reminded me of our boys. I just wanted them to get better.~"

"Are you going to tell me why you sound like you're bleeding internally?"

"BECAUSE I AM, YUMI!" He screamed at you, losing his temper for a moment, while he yanked needles out of his body. "I WENT ALL THE WAY TO THE ZOLDYCK'S HOUSE WITH FLOWERS AND EVERYTHING TO PICK YOU UP, ONLY TO FIND YOU HAD LEFT AGAIN. AND WHEN ILLUMI REFUSED TO TELL ME WHERE YOU LEFT TO, WE FOUGHT AND I LOST."

"Well jeez, you don't need to scream. Chouko's sleeping on me right now." You felt a little bit bad, but you didn't appreciate being screamed at.

"Yeah? And how would I know that? Huh? I'm not there."

"Well you know what? It all circles back to you never being here. Maybe if you weren't off picking fights and killing senselessly all the time, we wouldn't be having this problem."

"Yeah well, fuck off. Tell me where you--"

You hung up on him. How dare he tell you to fuck off. You were his wife. Where was the respect? He begged you for years to marry him and have kids and now here he was, telling YOU to fuck off? You should be telling HIM to fuck off. He deserved it way more.

But regardless of your anger, you couldn't wake the baby. Instead you just turned off your phone thought about your best friend Abaki from Glam Gas Land, whom you were dying to talk to. You both had become very close while she worked in your father's circus and this bond has lasted until this very day. But that wasn't without trials and tribulations. This launched you into a very negative memory.

It had been a quiet year in Glam Gas Land, except for all the murders. It seemed like a new body was popping up almost weekly. This meant a curfew for all the younger members of the circus, including you, Abaki and Hisoka. Normally, you all hung out and enjoyed each other's company, but one day, Abaki didn't show up.

"Bungee, I think I'm going to go look for her." You told the sixteen-year-old.

"Absolutely not. Not on my life. I will go look for her and you will stay here."

"What the heck, Bungee?! You know I'm strong! I know you've been taking lessons with my father, but I grew up with him! I can use my nen too!"

"Well, I couldn't stand it if something happened to my favorite girl. So please. Stay here."

And he left. And then you left.

To make a long, painful story short in your head, you watch Hisoka out your father as a serial killer, save Abaki and kill your only living relative. And if you could get over that, then you could probably get over this.

Except him telling me to fuck off. I will definitely not get over that. I deserve an apology.