13: Change of Plans

"One day I'm going to be just like Daddy! I'll be even better! I would never be gone so much." Akio cheered after you finished your story. He was really pumped by this story. It was odd, the difference between your twins in regards to this situation. Akio seemed to be rooting for Hisoka to find you all whereas Zenko was beginning to enjoy being on the go without him. You on the other hand, were just confused. You desperately wanted him to find you, but you weren't going to make it easy either. It seemed that everyone else knew more about Hisoka than you did. That meant changing your travel plans. Your next stop was going to be another close friend of Hisoka's: The Zoldyck's.

As you packed up your cooking supplies and herded your children together, your family started on their way to the closest airship port. It would probably take the rest of the day to get to one, and then another few hours to get on the right flight. You were going to take the risk of skipping your twin's nap. It would be hit or miss, whether or not they would be okay without it. Chouko was pretty good about sleeping while on the move, so you weren't worried about her. Unless of course, your twins decided to be so loud that she couldn't sleep. Ugh. Then I'll just have to stop and put everyone down. That would delay us probably three hours total. You groaned, not wanting to have to do that.

"How would you feel about a no-nap day, boys?" You asked.

"Yes! No nap! We're too big for naps!" Akio yelled out. You rolled your eyes, knowing that your kids were definitely not too big for naps, but the positive attitude was off to a good start.

"Zenko, how are you feeling baby? Do you need to stop for a nap?"

"No." Zenko was sulking, still upset by the thought of his father hurting his family. He knew very well that he was no match for his father if it came down to protecting his siblings and mother. He wasn't feeling too well at all, in fact. You adjusted Chouko and walked up to Zenko, lifting him up from behind. He quickly wrapped both his arms and legs around your body and laid his head on your shoulder.

"What if Daddy does try to hurt you? For playing the game without asking him?"

"He wouldn't do that, baby."

"Yeah, but what if, Mama?"

You sighed and rubbed his back as you watched Akio running ahead of you both. "I'd never let him. Daddy might be strong, but I'm strong too. And you are strong and Akio is strong and soon enough Chouko will be strong too. You don't need to worry about us, I promise." Zenko had to sit on that. It was a big concept for him. But unfortunately, he was a big child for you to be carrying and your arms were rapidly becoming tired. Walking for perhaps another mile, you had to then set Zenko down. "Nap or no nap?"

"No nap!" Both twins cheered out. You smiled, glad your trip was going as planned, but one thought reigned supreme: you really wanted a nap now.