39: The Day Everything Fell Apart

September third had gone pretty much as planned, and you and the kids remained in York New City for the time being. You knew Hisoka wasn't actively looking for you, and you enjoyed being settled once again. But as the evening drew near, you realized that everything was getting pretty loud outside. Protective mother senses tingling, you pulled the curtain back and looked outside.

Blood. Dead bodies. Panic. The street had erupted in terror. Calmly, despite your fear, you walked over to your front door and locked it. You thought maybe whatever terrorists had taken over the city would ignore this top floor of a hotel. You had to hope this.

Quietly, you walked over to the television and turned it on. Your kids were asleep, but you figured it might not be for long. The chaos was growing.

"Please, if you are outside right now, find shelter indoors. The Phantom Troupe has invaded the city and are on a killing spree. Take shelter, shelter others and stay safe." The television reported announced with urgency.

"Oh my... Hisoka, no." You mumbled as your hand flew up to your mouth.

"Efforts are going on to take out these soulless criminals. Updates to come."

Your brain shut off and your stomach started to cramp. You felt so sick.

"Take... out..." You collapsed onto the couch.

Yumi: Bungee.

Yumi: Say something to me.

Yumi: Tell me you're alright.

Yumi: BUNGEE

Yumi: Come home. Please. Stop whatever it is that you're doing and come home.

No response.

He couldn't respond. Or rather, he didn't realize there was anything to actually respond to. Hisoka was having a ball, killing any and all the "strong" people who dared to challenge him. He knew the plans and he was pumped to execute them. If everything went well he would get his chance to fight Chrollo, leave the troupe and return home to his precious wife and kids. Maybe he'd even convince you to have another baby.

Yes~ That's what I'll do~ Seduce my cute little wife until she lets me saturate her insides with my baby juices~ He was aroused just thinking about it as he sliced head after head off. And she'll be so horny again, like with the last pregnancies~ And her breasts!~ Oh they'll stay so big~

As he was lost in his fantasy, you were lost in your nightmare. Minute after minute, hour after hour ticked by with no big updates on the news.

Your breath was shallow, fear coursing through your veins. And then it came.

"Attention please. It has just been confirmed that all members of the Phantom Troupe have been killed. I repeat, we have found the bodies of the Phantom Troupe members."

"Oh, FUCK!" Tears fell down your face as the camera panned around and you saw all the bodies of your friends and then finally, of your husband. "Bungee..."

You had to go to him. You had to see it with your own eyes. You hesitated to leave your kids alone, but you also couldn't leave your husband's dead body alone either. You rushed down the stairs and into the lobby.

"Please, can you go up to my room and watch my kids for an hour? They're just sleeping. I have to go somewhere, it's an emergency." You shoved your key card in the concierge's face. "Please. I'm begging you. I'll pay you all the cash in my wallet."

"Oh, um, I guess?" The young woman gave you a look.

You threw the card down and about three hundred jenny with it. And with that, you ran out the door.

AN: Shameless self-promotion for anyone who likes ghouls... I also have an Uta x Reader (x Juuzou) so check that out too ;)