8: Letting Go

When you woke up it was dark and noisy. Super noisy. Rubbing your eyes and fixing your hair, you left Chrollo's room and continued to walk towards the noise. As you approached a large open room, you saw before you pure chaos. Scanning the room for your progeny, you were quickly stressed out by what you saw.

Akio was being held upside down by his feet by Uvogin, Chouko was screeching with joy as Chrollo tickled her and Zenko... Well Zenko had removed his pants and underwear and placed the latter on his head as some of the other Phantom Troupe members chased him around.

"Ah! Yumi! Decided to join the party eh?" Chrollo called out to you.

"Party? I feel faint just looking around." You groaned as you looked over at Machi-- a known kid-hater and the only other member of Hisoka's friend group that you knew. She nodded at you, feeling a similar kind of way. But as you watched your children truly enjoy themselves, you also felt a lightness drift over you. Perhaps your house was lively, but it was never like this. The kids were going absolutely nuts. And it made you smile. Soon, before you could even think about it, you were over at Akio, blowing air onto his bare belly, causing raucous laughter. Then, as Zenko zipped by, you playfully swatted at his bare butt, causing him to cover it and run even faster. You giggled, hoping that this would mean he would actually be tired for bed time. Finally, you walked over to your baby, Chouko, and lifted her up. Plastering kisses all over her, she hugged you tightly and returned some of the sloppy kisses.

"Such a happy baby. I'm not surprised, knowing who her father is." Chrollo remarked.

"Don't remind me of him when I'm in such a positive mood!" You smiled largely and stated it with a fake sweetness as to not upset your daughter. Chrollo chuckled. He had never liked Hisoka. He bragged about his perfect little family, yet he never seemed to be home. He was constantly threatening his life and harassing the other members. Generally, he was considered a menace. But you and your kids? Chrollo and most of the gang were huge fans. Or at least they were now. Only Chrollo had met your family before today, having come to Chouko's first birthday and the twins' fourth. One might even say that Chrollo Lucilfer was a little bit jealous of Hisoka Morow. How did this psychopath manage to hold onto a woman for so long, let alone get her to marry him and carry multiple of his children? He shook his head as he stroked Chouko's hair. "You've really developed a love for my little butterfly baby, huh, Chrollo?" You questioned.

"I suppose. I never was around babies much growing up. I see their appeal. Very round and squishy. Innocent. Easy to please."

"Yes, I suppose babies are like that. But have you met the age four version? I have two of them, who you are welcome to try to tame."

"Who said anything about taming them? Why not let go sometimes and just let them be absolute terrors? What's so wrong about it?"

"Oh yes." You chuckled. "The leader of the Phantom Troupe would of course have no problem with children who are terrors. Then you are formally invited to try to put them all down for a nap tomorrow."

"Challenge accepted."