32: On The Road Again

"Boys, we've got to get going, come on!" You were laughing at your daughter who was rolling around and being a silly baby.

"But Daddy is here!" Akio pointed out.

"Yeah, I had fun with Daddy, didn't you? Now it's time to leave. I promised him that I would! We wouldn't want to let him down, right?"

"Right!" Zenko cheered. Having gotten his fill of his father, he was more than ready to go.

"Where are we going?" Akio wasn't quite sure about the whole thing.

"I was thinking that we would go spend some of the oodles of money that we have. Yorknew City is going to have an auction soon. We met Chrollo last time we were there, but I'm sure he's gone now. We'll stay in a hotel, won't that be fun?"

"No." Akio pouted. "Daddy is fun."

You scooped your daughter up by her belly, causing her to laugh loudly.

"Well, are toys fun?"

"...yes." He relented.

"Well I'm sure there will be toys at the auction. Now let's go, hup-hup."

You shuffled everyone out of the room, down the elevator and through the lobby.

"Look! Daddy's on the TV!" Zenko yelled, drawing some attention to your crew. "Why is he fighting a kid?"

"I don't know, Zenko. But I don't like it."

"Why?" Akio asked you.

"You shouldn't be unfair." You pretended to bite Chouko's fingers as she stuck them in your face. "Daddy is too big and strong to fight that boy. So either he would win and hurt them, or he would pretend to lose which isn't nice either." Your twins nodded as they followed behind you. It was a little complex for them to understand, but you figured this was the seed that would help them understand later. But for now, you were going to have yet another flight back to the city.

Once everyone had gotten settled in the private airship room, you let yourself relax. Why is my husband so irritating? You thought to yourself. Was he always like this? And were my twins ever as cute as my daughter is right now? Your brain drifted back to a time when everything was good. The twins were just six months old and Hisoka desperately wanted to take pictures of everything and everyone.

"Get out of here!" You had tried to shoo him away, embarrassed by your unkempt hair and gross, dirty clothes. "Go take pictures of the babies."

"Aww~ But I want to remember you like this!~" He chuckled at you as he pushed his hair up into a bun.

"Whyyyy?" You hid your face as Hisoka's camera was raised to his eye.

"That way if you ever think that I don't love you, then I can show you this picture and prove that if I can love you like this, with baby spit on your shoulder, milk on your chest and hot sauce on your stomach, then I will always love you. Now excuse me as I go dress up our babies. They won't be small forever!~"

You had grumbled at the time, but now it made you feel good to remember that. Hisoka would find you. He loved you. But it was going to take some time.