46: Chouko & Chrollo Part Two

"Could you actually go get Chouko up from her nap? I need to feed her. And peek in on the boys. If they're awake tell them to come down, if they're still sleeping just let them be. I'd rather they have a later bedtime." You yawned and leaned against the couch. Even just the idea that you weren't going to have to trudge up and down those stairs again for a few hours lightened your mood.

"I would love to. I did, of course, bring a gift for Chou-Chou." He used his cute little pet name for her.

Grabbing something out of his small satchel he had on his side, he proceeded up the stairs quickly. He really did like this baby.

As he walked up the stairs and towards the door with butterflies painted on the door, he smiled. This was going well, he thought. He loved to play family, so why wouldn't he like to have a real one? And this one was already ready-made with kids that he really enjoyed. Plus, he could always have his own if he wanted; you weren't old at all yet.

Cheerily, he walked into Chouko' room to see the toddler waiting patiently in the crib.

"Lolo!" She smiled as she reached out for him. His heart melted as he heard the little girl talk. Lolo? Too precious. Of course, "papa" would have been better, but he would take what he could get.

As he walked closer, his nose wrinkled. That was the unfortunate part of babies: diapers.

Gingerly, he lifted her out of the crib and walked out of the door towards the stairs. He wasn't sure on your policy on people changing your daughter, so he decided to ask.

"Hey," He leaned against the banister of the stairs. "You want me to change, Chouko?"

"Mamamama!" Your daughter always acted like she was seeing you for the first time in years whenever she woke up from a nap. That in itself, made you smile.

"Hi, baby. Yeah, you can change her Chrollo. There should be everything on the table in her room. Thanks." You leaned against the back of the couch, closing your eyes and enjoying the peacefulness once again.

Chrollo marched back up the stairs and proceeded to clean up your daughter. Instead of putting her back into the plain clothes she was in before, he decided to dress her up in the tiny teddy bear costume that he had bought for her.

"Chouko, tiny dear, you may have just exploded my heart." He cooed to her as he looked her over. The only thing that gave away her parentage was her eyes. They were the spitting image of Hisoka's.

Sighing lightly, he picked her back up and peeked in on the boys. Still sleeping, he finally went back downstairs.

"That's despicably adorable, Chrollo. You know you don't have to keep buying... stealing them things though, right? They enjoy having you over." You mentioned as you softened your eyes at your baby.

He laid on the floor, setting Chouko on his stomach. His head was propped against the couch. As he flexed and softened his abs, Chouko giggled while he bounced up and down.

Your breathing got shallow. Damn it, why am I so... needy for him? I just left my husband... It's this baby, I swear.

"So... Chrollo..." You began, trying to take your mind off of him.

"Hmm?" He didn't look at you, just smiled at Chouko.

"How did you get so good with babies if you weren't around them that often?"