38: The Day Before Everything Fell Apart

And that was all on September 1st. Today was September 2nd and your husband didn't let you down.

Hisoka (>~<): I'm meeting with a very special person today. If the meeting goes well, then I think I might leave the Troupe.

Yumi: Why are you even in the Troupe anyway? Can't you leave at any point?

Hisoka (>~<): It's my job. It is partially how I make money for our family. And I can't really leave... Plus, I want to have a fight with Chrollo! <3

Yumi: You are SO FRUSTRATING!
Yumi: Is money more important than our family?! No!
Yumi: WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

"Mama, you'll break your phone!" Zenko was laying on your lap, trying to nap, as you typed on your phone aggressively.

"You're right baby. Go back to sleep. Sorry for waking you." You mumbled as you stroked his red hair. You were sitting up in bed as your three children napped around you. Partially, so you could relax, partially so Hisoka couldn't call you.

Hisoka (>~<): ...You really don't know?

Yumi: Don't know what?

Hisoka (>~<): Maybe we don't need so much money now, but it wasn't that long ago we had nothing. Remember?

You did remember, but you also remember it not being that bad. You always had food. You had a house. Hisoka was looking for work, since your circus had closed up. It was difficult but it wasn't impossible.

Yumi: It wasn't that bad. I never had to worry about anything.

Hisoka (>~<): ... We need to talk on the phone.

Yumi: Can't. Kids are sleeping with me.

Hisoka (>~<): Now.

Yumi: No.

Hisoka (>~<): NOW
Hisoka (>~<): NOW
Hisoka (>~<): NOW
Hisoka (>~<): NOW
Hisoka (>~<): NOW
Hisoka (>~<): NOW

Yumi: Fine.

Hisoka (>~<): NOW
Hisoka (>~<): Okay.

You huffed as you tried to extract yourself from your children. Although they grumbled a bit, you were eventually successful and you dialed your husband's phone.

"Hello, darling~" He answered. "I'd like to let you in on a few family secrets~"

"What do you know that I don't?" You scowled. You weren't a fan of secrets; especially from Hisoka.

"I know that when you got pregnant with the twins, we had no money.~"

"That's not true we had so—"

"None. Zero. And I know that the doctor told me that you were actually losing weight in the entire first trimester."

"Yeah. But—"

"No buts. We were literally starving. And that's when I found the Troupe. And I had to kill to get in. And when I did that, I didn't feel a hint of remorse because I knew then and there that I saved your life and our babies' lives. That's it. I never wanted to feel that helpless again. So I did what I have to do. And maybe now that you know the whole story... Can I come home?~" Hisoka breathed a sigh of relief, as if a weight was lifted off of his shoulders.

"I'll think about it. Please. Give me some time, Bungee... This is... This is a lot." Your heart and your head hurt. This made sense. It all made sense.

AN: Check out my "new" Chrollo x Reader Harbinger! I just added another chapter! Also thanks for being awesome ;)