XXXIII - Good news! Bad news!

Kim immediately called Pie and she answered the call.

"Good news!  Mom gave us her blessing!"  Both of them simultaneously uttered with joy.

"Wow, Kim.  Mom’s really changed.  She really is supporting us now."  Pie said.

"You are right Pie.  And it’s all because she loves you."  Kim uttered.

"Kim,  please come to my house tonight.  Let’s formally thank my mom for allowing us live together, okay?"  Pie asked.

"Of course, Pie.  We should definitely do that." Kim replied and the call ended.

Pie was having a good time in her office.  It was already lunch time and she went out to grab her lunch.  She and her assistant decided to eat at a restaurant near her office.

"Ms. Pie.  Thanks for treating me lunch.  Did something good happen?"  Her assistant asked.

Pie smiled and replied,  "Oh!  You know!  I’m always like this."

"No you’re not," her assistant murmured so that Pie  coulsn’t hear her side comment.

"What did you just said?" Pie reacted.

Her assistant was surprised that Pie still heard it. "Nothing boss!  I said,  you are always so kind."  And, she smiled.

Pie and her assistant was finishing their meal until some girl stopped by at their table and asked,  "Excuse me,  Aren’t you the said ’new girlfriend’ of Zee?"

Pie and her assistant was caught off guard.

"No,  I think you are mistaken.  I think, you are mistaken."  Pie quickly answered.

"Really?"  The girl replied, though she was doubtful.  "Okay.  I’m sorry for the intrusion."  She added then left.

"Ms. Pie,  I heard and saw that news.  Was it really not you?"  Her assistant asked.

Pie looked at her assistant with sharp eyes.

"Sorry, boss! I won’t ask again."  Her assistant pleaded.

"And now, a bad news?"  Pie told herself.

After the strange encounter with the girl who asked her about Zee.  Pie’s mood was completely the opposite from her mood earlier.

Her day didn’t end well.  Kim arrived to pick Pie up.

"Hello, Pie!  Let’s go?"

She wanted to tell Kim about what happened at the restaurant but she knew Kim’s sensitivity to that matter.

"Let’s go Kim."  Pie answered with a smile,  trying not to let Kim notice her bad mood.

Kim and Pie went to Pie’s house.  They cooked dinner for Pie’s mom.  The three of them ate together.  The dinner ended with the two of them thanking her.