LVIII - The Past still Hurts

Kim’s PoV

So the week went by fast. Pie and I have been busy with our works.  And today is the first day of June.

So basically, our only time together is during night time. but....

Our new friend Zee has been tagging along every night.  And probably, because she said, she’s living by herself since forever.  She might have been lonely the whole time.

Since she’s a friend, we don’t mind her staying for couple of hours.  At least, Pie and I has one new trusted friend near our place.

It’s now Sunday morning and my dad called inviting us to spend the day with him. He also said, he has something important to discuss with me.  Business related of course.

We have arrived at our ranch and I am now parking my car. 

"Pie, wake up.  We are already here." I woke Pie up.

She then woke up and we walked towards the main door of our house.

One of our house helpers opened the door for us.  She said that my dad is waiting in our back yard garden and that our breakfast is served.  And so we went there.

My father, as usual, was sitting and reading a news paper.

Although we see each other everyday, we haven’t had enough time to talk and spend sometime together because of work.

I ran towards him and quickly kissed him on the cheek.

"Good morning, dad.  I missed you."  I said.

My father quickly stood up and hugged me, "Good morning, tiger."

Then he pulled away and hugged Pie too, "Good morning our princess."  Pie blushed a little when she heard my father called him princess.

So we sat on the chairs and ate breakfast while we talk and catch up with our lives.

Our breakfast has ended and it was full of laughter.  It made me realize how lucky today because I am with the two most important people in my life.

Suddenly, the three of us got quiet and the smile on my dad’s face was gone. 

He looked at Pie with a serious look on his face and said,  "Pie,  I want you to know that, There is a 1 week International Farmers Association Conference on the 9th to the 15th of this month.  And since Kim is on her right age and she’s gonna inherit all of this,  I’ve decided to just let her attend the said event."

Pie smiled at him, "Sure dad,  Kim needs to start learning everything about your business.  I understand."

I looked at my dad again as he started speaking, "That’s the thing, Pie.  You see, when I said International, I meant overseas. The conference will be held outside Thailand.  And I want to ask for you permission."

I looked back at Pie and saw how her smile faded.  She wasn’t able to answer due to shock.

We were all silent for a moment.  Fortunately,  One of our helpers broke the silence and called my father’s name informing that P’Ood has called and that he needs to go to the vineyard.

My father quickly stood up but before he walks away, he looked at Pie and said, "Pie, please give it some thought since the conference is still next week. I know that it wouldn’t be easy for you to decide now.  But I hope that you now trust Kim and let her learn more things about our business.  After all, it’s for your future." And he started walking away.

Pie was silent the whole time.  She stood up and just walked up the stairs and in to my room leaving me in the garden.

I pouted a little.  Though, I understand Pie’s reaction. It’s totally normal, since I have this bad history of cheating when Pie’s not around.

I needed to comfort Pie and talk to her.  Since it’s just for a week and I have learned my lesson already.  I am certain that I won’t commit the same mistake again.

I followed Pie and went to my room. I saw Pie standing on my veranda looking at the sky.  She sure is in deep thought.

I sneaked behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist as I pulled her close to me.

"Pie, talk to me.  Tell me how you feel."  I told her.

She didn’t say a word.  Water fell on my arm while hugging her and it wasn’t raining.  I realized that Pie was crying silently and I know why.

She remembers how I cheated on her.  How, in a span of two months, I found someone to replace her that easily.

I can’t blame her if she feels that way still. 

I pulled away to turn her around.  Now, she’s facing me and I hugged her again.

Pie’s still crying as she leans her head in between my neck and shoulder.

I have to say something...

"Pie,  please stop crying.  It hurts me to see cry like this."  I said while caressing her back to comfort her.

I pulled away and placed one hand on her waist while the other cupping her cheek.

I looked straight to her eyes as she looked at me too.

"Pie, please listen to me.  I know how you feel right now and I completely understand.  It was my fault that you’re in pain again and I am sorry.  I told you that I’ll prove you my faithfulness once again even if it takes me forever.  I remember you saying that you will not let me be away from you again. But this one is inevitable.  You know that my father is right, someday all of this will be on my shoulder.  All of our employees needs their job and someday, it’ll be my duty to provide and maintain their source of income. Plus, it’s our future family business.  It’s just for a week.  And I am certain that I won’t commit the same mistake again.  But if you really can’t allow me to do this yet,  I completely understand." I said to her.

Her tears kept from falling and she looked down on her feet.

I raised my other hand.  And both of my hands now are in touch with her cheeks.

I raised her head so that I can look her in the eye.

She’s now looking at me too.  I wiped her tears using my thumb and I slowly moved my face closer until our lips touched.

I kissed her as gentle as I could and she kissed me back.

I pulled away and carried her bridal style. Then, I realized how light she weighs like a feather.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her face on the nook of my neck.  I can feel her warm breath touching my neck.  If she probably wasn’t crying,  I’d lose control and do something with her. :-)

I slowly placed her on the bed and tucked her in.  I laid down beside her then she reached for my arm and stretched it so that she can use it as her pillow. Her head was on my arm while she hugged me.

I was staring at the ceiling when I heard her sniff.  She’s crying again.  She’s been crying for a while now and I think that she needs to rest.

"If nothing’s going right, just go to sleep."  I said as I pulled her over.  Pie’s now laying on top of me.  Her head’s now resting on my chest.  She slowly raised her head and looked at me confused at why I pulled her.

"Always remember that saying.."  I said again as I touched her nape and pulled head slowly to my chest so she could rest. "We’ll talk about it more when you’re ready." I added.

I hugged her with one arm while my other hand was stroking her air over and over again so she could fall asleep.  And, she did....

_------___------______--------____

Thanks for continuous support.  I’m sorry for taking too long in updating my story.  I’ve been busy this past few days because we had a family reunion.

Vote and comment.  Share your thoughts :-)  Apreciate it so much :-)

Will update sooner if you comment or vote more :-)  Then I’ll be inspired :-)