CHAPTER ONE

Don't forget to vote...:-)

------------------------------------------------------

Umairah's POV

I woke up when I heard an unpleasant ring in my ear. I turned and saw that it was my phone ringing.

"Who could be calling this early?." I groaned answering the phone without checking the callers ID.

"What kind of a person calls this early? For God sake". I hollered frustrated.

"There are more important things in life than sleep Umairah." The familiar voice of my Aunt Raheena sounded through the phone.

'Maybe for you' I wanted to retort back but didn't. "Oh aunt, it's you I didn't realize." I rolled my eyes knowing this call ain't gonna end well with her.

"No problem Umairah your father says I should pass you a message." My ears perked at the mention of my dad.

"What is it?." I asked curiously cause it's the first time my dad had asked someone to speak to me on his behalf since I've been here.

"Your dad wants you to come back home like right now if possible."

"But why what happened?." I asked cause honestly it was shocking, I actually thought he never wanted to see me in that house again.

"He says he needs to talk to you it's important". I could hear the urgency in her voice.

"Can't you just tell me?." I urged already tired of the conversation let just say me and my dad had never had the most amazing relationship he's the reason why I'm here in the first place.

"No I can't dear I'm just doing as told and that's to pass his message to you." Yeah like you've been doing your whole life. I bit my tongue to hold my self back.

"Really Aunt all this years I've spent away all of a sudden he wants me back home, he literally never calls me." I uttered knowing something is fishy.

"Yes Umairah he wants you to come back aren't you already done with your final year of school so what's the use of staying there it's about time you come back home right?." She asked tryna make it sound like the most obvious thing in the world.

I for one was surprised it's been ages since I've spoken to my dad or aunt I wondered where she even got my number from.

"Aunt I really don't know if I can make it and even if I can it can't be today, you don't expect me to put a pause on my life here and do as you say it doesn't work like that." I argued feeling angry.

They always think that they can dictate what happens in my life and how things should work.

"No". she stated. "He says he needs you here as soon as possible, today even."

"I can't make it today I have my last paper today." I insisted.

"Just come after your exams then." She said a little irritated.

"But-- "

"No buts just do as told or else---" she tried threatening me but I wasn't having any of it.

"Come on Aunt seriously I have things to do here you can't just dictate what I should or shouldn't do." I stated.

"You don't talk to me like that young lady or do you want me to tell your father that you refused?." She threatened knowing that I'll give in.

Of all the things that's happened there one thing for sure, I'm a bit scared of my dad that man carries such an dominative aura with him that makes you freeze on the spot.