CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Umairah

"What's says the time umairah?."

"Hmm?, why are you so late answer me?."

"After I told you not to leave the house right."

"You should know you are married now for you to be coming home this late especially not with your husband."

"You are to be more responsible than this I thought you better habibi."

This were the questions and statement that came my way as I stepped into the house.

And believe me I'm still just two step away from the door.

"I'm talking to you umairah what says the time?." Mom asked with a stern voice.

I sighed and mumbled. "10:20."

"What?."

"I said 10:20pm."

"Well then, first you disobeyed my orders of staying at home, then you go out without informing your husband--." I was about to speak but she held her hand out in front of me and continued. "Then you go out and return home by this time now tell me what your punishment will be?." she asked while I just stared at her baffled.

"Nothing maa, I mean Manan knew where I was going, Ahad was there with me, yeah I know I broke your rule but I was dead bored, And we got stuck on traffic so none of this deserves a punishment more like a warning." I said glaring at Manan as he walked down the stairs he just stared at me with a mischievous smirk.

Jerk face.

"Besides Manan is right there, ask him he knew I was going out." I pointed towards Manan as he descended the stairs.

"Ask me what?."

Mom walked towards him with a huge smile. "Oh Manan there you are."

"Well you see umairah I don't need to ask him anything cause he told me that you left home without his permission and when he asked where you were headed you just ignored him and walked out even Ahad is also at fault now where is that boy." As she was saying so Ahad stepped in and paused in his steps analysing us before proceeding in.

"There you are, Ahad I didn't expect this from you from umairah a little bit but not you." she said.

"Mom." I whined.

"Quiet."

I swallowed my words and watched how she scolded Ahad.  I looked towards Amal for help but she sent me an apologetic look instead while aunt raheena stood there mumbling how stubborn I've become.

"And as for you young lady because you are married now you feel you can do anything you want right?, now go apologize to manan and say you won't do it again."

"But--."

"Now."

"Maa."

"Umairah."

"Fine."

She smiled at me while mouthing the words 'we aren't done talking'.

I sighed I'm so not ready for one of those motherly talks. I dragged my self as I walked over to manan whom was smirking at me all the way.

I stopped in front of him and we started a stare off battle. Manan just winked at me holding my hand before he carried me bridal style placing a kiss on my nose.

What the schwazomolly.

"Don't worry mom we'll handle it isn't that right kitten?." He whispered that last part to me, my cheeks were red out of embarrassment, why will he do that in front of my family.