CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Recap:

I heard my phone ringing without looking at the caller's ID I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it roughly.

"Hello?."

"Why do you always have to be grumpy anytime I call you babe?."

Imediately I knew who it was.

"Umar?"

**********

"Umar?"

"I thought you'll have forgotten me by now babe." He spoke tauntingly.

"Wh--ho- how did you get my new number?." I stuttered not believing my ears I can't believe it's Umar it has been long since we last spoke even when we met at the wedding and we were acting as if we didn't know each other. Many things were swirling in my mind right now like the things I've done to him.

"Does that even matter babe?."

The nickname he always called me since when we met it made me feel all the more guilty cause I had the chance of telling him the truth from the beginning but I didn't instead I cheated him and got married.

"What do you want?." I asked softly.

"What I want babe?." He laughed a humours less laugh which made my inside churn.

"You can't give me what I want and what I want is you". He said all the calmness and softness in his voice were all gone they were now laced with jealousy and anger.

He continued. "You betrayed me big time Umairah". I could hear the sadness in his voice. "You left me and married someone else."

"I-i-i didn't have a choice". I choked out feeling the words stuck in my throat.

He laughed sadistically. "Yeah right you didn't have a choice nor do I." I didn't know what he meant by that but before I could speak the line was cut.

I sighed throwing my phone on the wall with force.

"Now what?." I felt angry, guilty, and stupid at myself for not telling him the truth when I had the chance to.

I just hope I never see him again.

The next day went by as usual I did my morning routines and ate breakfast. My days were really boring I think its time I start university soon at least I won't be bored and I'll have Ashra and my other friends with me.

I went down to tell Manan about it and luckily I met him as he was about to leave the house but I stopped him.

"Manan?." I called out he turned giving me a once over. I felt self conscious and ignored his gaze.

"Uhmm I would like to tell you something." I waited for his response but I heard a sigh.

"I can't right now I have a meeting and I'm running late so it will have to be when I get back." He didn't wait for me to speak but left in a hurry.

"What a jerk ass!." I hissed, he didn't even wait to listen to what I have to say I guess I'll leave it till when he comes back.

I tried looking for my phone before I realized I had brutalized it yesterday I huffed and went up for it sometimes my room being upstairs is a whole lot of stress going up then down again and due to how big the mansion is, it's like on the third floor no joke

I picked up my phone from where I threw it and mentally slapped myself. The phone screen was broken but not too much several line marked it, the sides were cracked and a little rough on the edges.