CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Don't forget to vote...

------------------------------------------------------

Umairah sighed resting her head on her pillow she was recalling the conversation she had with Manan earlier that day.

*~~~*

She had gone into his study room to talk to him about her scholarship to Cambridge university in the UK.

"Morning." She beamed showing him her pearly whites. She hoped that her acting super sweet and nice to him will help cause they've been in a really good place lately so he might change his mind this time around.

Manan looked up from his computer not expecting to see her here in his study room rather his home office. He's been working from home ever since Aunt Sam and Amal came The little girl has been insisting that he spends time with her since they will only be around for a week, as she says 'She misses her Mananiii a lot.'

He smiled before replying her greetings.

"Morning kitten, how was your night?."

"It was fine yours?." She asked making her way over to his table where he sat.

Manan nodded his head signalling that it was good before going back to what he was doing on his laptop. Umairah stood silently in the room not believing that he could ignore her just like that she rolled her eyes before walking closer to him and shutting his laptop taking him by surprise.

Manan stared at her his right eyebrow raised. She turned his chair around so they can speak face to face.

He relaxed back into his chair his reading glasses laying lazily on his nose which Umairah found cute. He gazed at her obviously waiting for her to speak up since she wanted his attention which he gladly gave.

"I wanted to talk to you about my scholarship to Cambridge university." She had said going straight to the point.

He gazed at her taking in her full beautiful glory. She was dressed up in a blue crop top hoodie that had a white tank top under which she had tucked into a high waist skirt.

"What about it kitten?." He asked tryna act oblivious.

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes knowing the he was trying to act coy with her.

"They sent me an email about my enrollment and what not I'm supposed to be there on the 8th of September which is just next week and the last time we spoke about it well...you know." Umairah shrugged waiting for a reaction from him but his face was blank she couldn't even guess what he was thinking.

Manan already knew what his answer will be and he was gonna stick to it. But as he gazed into her hopeful eyes he wasn't sure anymore and to think that after he says yes she'll go packing all the way to the UK and leave him.

When he had first told her no in the beginning it was because he was angry at himself and the marriage he got into but now, now everything seems different, he seems different and he wouldn't want to let the reason for that go.

He stood up from where he sat and towered over her the free curly bangs from his hair falling over his forehead almost covering his left eye. He brushed it back before giving her his famous smile, the kind that will make any girl melt at the spot.

"Baby?." He spoke huskily. "I'm sorry but my last answer still stands you can't go all the way to UK when there are thousands of other good colleges here in New York."

Umairah half knew to expect his answer to be that but it still didn't stop her from having hopes which he just crushed.

Her face fell and she frowned glaring at him. "I should have known. I don't even get why I had to ask you again but I had hope thinking you'll change your mind because things seems to be different with us now compared to the last time I told you about it."