CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Manan

It's been years now since everything happened but it felt like it all happened yesterday, faith seems to be catching up with me.

I regretted everything that had happened but it's not like I can go back and fix it even when I try to the constant guilt always seems to hold me down. 

And now that her sister is back it's like everything is happening all over again I can't understand anything it's driving me insane if the truth ever comes out I'll be ruined.

My reputation will be ruined, my family will be disappointed in me everything I have will all go down the drain.

It hasn't been easy handling it all and locking myself out of the world won't help nor trying to avoid my marriage responsibilities.

At least if I can't handle the others I might as well handle this one.

But I'm glad that Umairah and I were able to put that behind us. I want us to able to live with each other without feeling awkward or like we want to tear each others head out cause I'm sure she really wants to.

I was driving back home now it was already past midnight, time did flew by yet the city of New York was still bustling.

I looked over to Umairah whom was gazing at the buildings we pass by at times she will ask about where we were or the places we've passed. Lost in her own world I could see her eyes closing slowly before they closed completely. She started snoring a bit but it was cute just like a kitten.

My kitten.

Nahh! too cheesy.

She really had this innocent girl look but damn she wasn't she told me about how she once shaved her cousins hair uhmm.. I think ah.. Ahad yeah him because he ratted her out for faking I'll so as to miss school.

I laughed my ass off and the way she said it shows she was still vexed up about it. It made me to instantly touch my hair noting to myself not to cross her.

I parked in front of the house entrance. Coming out of the car I walked over to Umairah's side.

I shook her lightly. "Wake up we are home."

But she didn't budge I tried again but she only stirred and murmured some incoherent words.

I remembered the first day I brought her here asleep I won't be surprised if she ends up getting kidnapped they won't even need chloroform.

I picked her up using my foot to kick the door close the car locked automatically.

She wasn't that light at all its like she's added more weight God..

Opening the door with the help of the security guard cause I might as well just drop her on the floor but that will be cruel and I'm not feeling it today.

I held her closely walking up the stairs. She wasn't helping much as she kept her hands around my neck snuggling closer as if I was some kind of teddy bear.

I finally reached her room twisting the door knob open I pushed the door and dropped her on the bed taking her shoes off, I removed her head scarf revealing her hair which was tied in a messy bun I tucked in the loose strands behind her ear.

I traced her face with my fingers stopping at her bottom lip they were the perfect size for me, full,  plum and pink. I wondered how it would taste like if I devoured them.

Just like strawberries. Lord I can only imagine.

What are you thinking Manan snap out of it that imagination of yours will forever remain one.