CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Manan

He frantically searched through the drawers in her closet but still couldn't find it.

Umairah had told him the documents he needed will be in the first drawer but there was no sign of it.

He then proceeded to check the second and third drawer but nothing only just unnecessary papers most of them about her school work.

He thought about the last time umairah had asked him if she could start college but he had rejected it rudely though to manan he wasn't completely at fault cause he had been in a really bad mood that day and he just lashed out at her but he's gonna make it up to her by getting her what she wants.

His smile flattered when he thought about the missing document.

If he had known that umairah wasn't also reliable he wouldn't have given them to her he would have just kept it with him in his office safe but then again they've been having a lot of security breach lately and he couldn't risk the documents getting in the wrong hands especially since when Umar came back taking his 25% share and selling it off to one of their biggest rivals since then it has brought nothing but unwanted problems.

Manan thought, just because Umar was his brother doesn't mean he'll take it lightly with him he has done some stupid things in the past that they've all out looked but not this time the first time he almost killed his wife even though she doesn't want to really admit what had happened that day but what he knows for a fact
that some nasty shit took place.

He block the thought of Umar for now, continuing with his search. He pulled the last drawer with force making it come off the rail completely.

"Shit." He hissed when it landed on his finger a little puddle of blood forming on the cut area.

He stood up straight looking around for a first aid kit or anything to clean the blood.

He found a box of tissue on the center table quickly cleaning the cut area accidentally knocking down a perfume bottle.

He tried using his foot to kick the bottle backwards closer to him but instead he just ended up kicking it in the opposite direction making it clash with the drawer on the floor, It broke and spilled onto the carpet soaking it.

"God." He face palmed knowing full well if Umairah were to see the mess he had created in her closet she'll freak, well anyways he can always buy her a new perfume.

He sighed, bending down to pick the broken bottle.

He hasn't found the files he came here for but ended up making a mess of her closet, broke and spilt her perfume which was sure to leave a stain.

He thought, there's no way he's gonna get away with this if she were to come up here and see all this.

After discarding off the broken bottle into a small bin in the corner of her room he went ahead and started to fix the drawer onto its rail but it wouldn't fit he bent down to check what was blocking it and pulled something.

A blue box.

He carried it out first noticing the bold letter U on the cover it was covered with glitters and rhinestones.

He chuckled thinking maybe it was filled with all her girly teenage secrets and fantasies.

Being curious he lifted the cover off dropping it aside picking up a small book which looked like a diary he opened the first page and a picture fell out.

Not just any ordinary picture but a picture of Umairah and Umar holding hands whilst staring at one another with a smile plastered on their faces and from the looks of it  the picture was taken unknowingly.