CHAPTER ELEVEN

Umairah

"I'm so happy your wedding date is set." Mrs kabeer said hugging me.

Today Mrs kabeer and her family members came to visit me and also set my wedding date which is in two and half weeks time as dad said.

"And also, Umairah dear you better get ready cause your wedding won't be held here in London but in New York." she added.

I looked at her shocked. "What, why?."

"Well you see dear, My son's kinda busy with work and won't be able to travel out so he wanted it to be held there." She uttered smiling warmly at me.

Uggh.. I can't believe this is happening to me, I never imagined myself getting married now. How I wished the person I'm supposedly betrothed to will just call everything off but no its like he's eager to get married to me.

"But how will that be possible its only in two weeks. We won't have enough to travel out, settle down and start preparing for the wedding all at once." I said not liking the idea, I do enjoy traveling even though I don't do that a lot but not this time around in fact I'm already dreading it.

"Oh dear don't worry about that, leave that to us what you should think about are your wedding attires or do you prefer I choose it for you?." She asked looking excited as if it was her getting married.

"No no its fine." I spoke.

I might not want to get married but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the fun of shopping for dresses. "I'll do it myself."

My mom made her presence known as she walked in with a tray of snacks. She placed it on the table outside the garden where we are right now.

Everyone was inside Manal and Sarah were with Aisha and Maya, some of Mrs kabeer's relatives from what I heard they weren't much in their family nor do they all live together.

"I hope my daughter is keeping you entertained." Mom finally spoke sitting beside me.

"Of course she is, she's a sweet girl." She placed her lovingly on my cheeks.

"I know that's why I love her so much." Mom said pinching my cheeks while I winced out.

"Mom."

But she just grinned even more.

"No need to worry I'll also love her like my own and I'm sure Manan will too." Mrs kabeer said.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her statement. Yeah right.

"Me too." Mom agreed too, masking a smile of her own.

"I was just informing her about the wedding venue which will be in new York and she's already getting worried." Mrs kabeer informed mom.

"Is that so?."

"And that she doesn't need to worry if she wants she can even check the place out her self for final confirmation." Mrs. Kabeer offered.

"That's good." Mom said nodding her head.

"Is that okay for you Umairah?." Mrs kabeer asked looking at me.

"No its fine I'm sure your choice will be good ma'am, but if you want anything I'll try to help with it." I replied with a smile.

Mrs kabeer's face contorted into a frown.

Did I say something wrong to her?.

"What this Umairah what are you calling me. Call me mother or mom or even mummy not ma'am." She chided sounding offended.