CHAPTER EIGHT

Umairah's POV

I woke up this morning with a huge headache after I cried myself to sleep, I didn't even eat dinner.

I got up, performed ablution and prayed fajr before taking my bath since it was still early I decided to take a walk to clear my mind.

I wore a black sweatpants and a lose grey sweater cause it's cold outside I pinned my head scarf and left.

I walked to a park and sat on a bench looking at mother nature everything was so peaceful.

I remembered what happened yesterday how dad made me agree to marry someone I don't freaking know. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even his daughter especially the time when I was forced to go to Egypt.

Flash back.

"Umairah don't be stubborn now get to the car, you are going to Egypt today." Dad yelled.

"But I don't want to I want to stay here with my mom." I said crying.

"Umairah don't let me come there and pull you with force." He warned.

But I didn't listen I ran to my mom's side and hid behind her back.

"Umairah dear." I looked at her scared. "Please listen to me now you know you are my lovely daughter right?."

I nodded my mouth trembling in fear.

"And you know I love you soo much, please please go now go with your dad." She spoke wiping my tears as hers fell.

I shook my head my tears falling uncontrollably. "I don't want to mom, please mommy." I pleaded but she only shook her head and ran off leaving me behind I called out about to run after her but dad stopped me.

"Umairah." He shouted walking towards me he carried me on his shoulder as I was kicking and crying for him to let me be but he didn't listen he kept me in the car and locked the door my aunt got in the car as the driver drove off.

I saw my cousins ran out, each one of them with their own tear stricken face.

I was hitting the door pleading him to let me stay but nothing I just sat there and cried.

Flash back ends.

I still remember everything like it happened yesterday, I was 12 at that time people usually said I was old enough to be on my own but I wasn't. At 12 I felt so alone not that I totally was but growing up,  I never really fitted in much but I was grateful for the fact that I had my cousins with me but they only showed up in my life when I was 9 but I'm glad they did.

My dad never showed me much love and care so as the rest of his family only mum and my siblings did.

Amal and Zayd, my elder brother.

Although I never really knew why he sent me to Egypt, I thought it was because he thinks I'm weak and that I need to stay on my own to gain my strength and courage and it did help me, it made me believe in myself. And since he never visited me much I never cared to ask about him but I still gave him the respect he deserves as my father.

He always scolded me for every mistake no matter how little,  sometimes I feel like I don't belong in that house he has never once celebrated my birthday with me nor did he wish me and if I ask why he'll say he was busy and I should let him be.

Not until yesterday that he almost hit me that I finally understood that he doesn't love me not even when he showed more affection to Amal or Zayd I was never really jealous.