CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Ashra

After locking the door behind her she sighed resting her head on the door.

She remembered the look manan gave her she cringed inwardly. If not for anything he looked like someone whom was ready to kill she just hoped umairah was okay.

Yeah umairah, she can't believe she thinks her love for yaseer is just an infatuation.

Yes agreed she just met him but the way he made her feel whenever he looks at her and his breathtaking smile, Oh lord, was enough to make her heart fall out of her chest onto his palms as it is he owns it now.

She already had goosebumps just thinking about meeting him again this weekend she couldn't wait.

He had asked her if she  wouldn't mind going to get coffee with him at starbucks she said yes immediately as if she even has the guts to say no.

Yes maybe he might not have the same feelings as her but its worth a try right who knows he might eventually fall for her as they get to know each other more.

Ashra thought, but then again what if he has already fallen for her and he's waiting for the right moment to tell her.

She jumped in glee her heart filled with happiness she's never felt this way before much less for a guy whom she's just met.

But wa dah heck it doesn't matter cause its called love at first sight. Right?

Ashra stood up when she felt her bum was already aching due to the hard floor she went towards her bathroom but halted when she heard umairah's voice.

She sounded as if she was in pain. She rushed to the door thinking of what might be happening the worst case scenarios kept popping up in her mind.

She didn't want to pry or ease drop in their private matters but just to keep her heart at rest she opened the door slightly and peeped.

She saw manan holding umairah as they were both lost in each other eyes and what she saw happen next made her gasp closing the door muttering to herself. "I think they'll be just fine."

She giggled turning the tap of the bathtub on for a bubble bath she stripped off her clothes getting into the bathtub she sighed closing her eyes slowly drifting off to sleep.

Umairah

"Where did you get that?." She asked feeling slightly out of breath.

"I asked you a question first." Manan retorted staring her down.

Umairah didn't know what to say or do she was just rooted to where she stood.

Her guilty conscious kept nagging at her for not having told Manan the truth from the beginning.

"Aren't you gonna answer me huh what's the relationship between you and Umar?." The way he spoke so calmly was shocking to her compared to how he looked right now.

"I..I dont." She paused when manan gave her a look which says 'Don't you lie'.

Umairah looked down at her hand which held the photo a tear dropping on it.

She wiped it away quickly not to seem intimidated by him.

But damn hell she was.

"H..he..he is I mean was my friend." She whispered stuttering.

"Speak up." He barked making her cringe inwards.

"I said he was my friend."

Manan chuckled. She looked up to see a sly smirk on his face.