CHAPTER TWO

"Finally." I huffed landing on my bed I just finished packing my last bag which by the way it's the fourth bag.

I also booked my self a plane ticket from Egypt to London which will be by 3pm.

I packed as much as I can leaving a few unnecessary things behind cause this is still my home.

My room door flew open revealing Ashra dressed in a baby blue gown with peplum hands.

"Are you ready it's 30 minutes to 8 and school starts by 8:30." She said scanning my already packed bags.

"Yeah just wanted to take my bags down so when I come back later on I wouldn't have to stress myself." I said rolling one towards the door.

"But why?. Why do you have to leave today it's so sudden and all the plans we've made when school is over what about it?." She whined like a 5 year old child.

I chuckled. "I know Ashra I'm surprised as well and the thing is that I don't even know why they want me back home urgently it's like my life is just a game to them where they can decide this and that for me."

I sighed exasperatedly sitting down on the couch.

Ashra came to sit beside me. "You know five years ago I really wanted you out of my life cause I was used to being an only child but now I couldn't have asked for a better sister." She said hugging me.

I smiled hugging her back. "Awnn Ashy don't make me teary now or I'll ruin my mascara." I giggled pulling away from the hug.

"Besides we still have to go to school." I stood up picking up my bag before opening the room door.

"Let's go." She groaned getting her lazy ass up from the couch too.

"Fine."

We took my things down with the help of Uncle Arhan, Ashra's dad.

He dropped us at a nearby café after Ashra insisted, saying she wanted to go through some notes and apparently the smell of coffee helps her understand better. He agreed knowing the café was really close to school.

I sat back going through my phone I didn't really bother to go through my note cause I only had one paper which was home management and it was among my favorite subjects.

My phone buzzed and Umar's name was flashing I smiled seeing his call.

"Who's calling?." Ashra asked looking up from the book she was reading.

"Umar." I said smiling.

"Oh, I see." She said giggling.

"Shut up". I threw my pen at her but she luckily dodged it and it went flying into a man's coffee I quickly ran away leaving Ashra to deal with the man whom was now glaring daggers at her.

I answered the call on the second ring. "Hello umar?".

"Hey babe how you doing?". He asked.

"I'm good." I replied walking on the side walk.

"where are you I don't seem to find you anywhere?." I could hear the back ground of students talking about.

"Oh yeah Ashra wanted to study at a nearby café, just to refresh her memory." I replied looking over at the roadside seeing a really cute kitten on the ground battling to get up I walked over to it.

"You know you don't need to worry too much you're the best in what ever you do so you'll ace it." He spoke.

I laughed. "I'll bet." I ran my hand over it's soft white and brown fur picking it up it wiggled against my hold before it took off in the opposite direction.

"Well see you soon Umairah." Umar said.

"By-.." I couldn't reply him as I spotted a car coming my direction with speed blaring it's horn at me.

I didn't know what over came me but I stood rooted to the ground out of fear unable to move.

I yelled stumbling on my feet falling down I waited for the Impact but it never came I looked up and saw that the car drifted almost hitting a tree.

Ya Allah. (God).

I took a sharp in take of breath my heart beating rapidly.

Ashra quickly rushed towards me as the car door flew open and a man started walking our way, well barely. I noticed a bottle of alcohol in his hand which he threw away into the garbage.

"Are you alright Umairah?"
Ashra asked, worry etched on her face.

I nodded getting up when I felt a pain shot up my left arm.

"Can't you cross the rr..ooad properly or a...are you bli...iiind didn't you see me coming." The man barked slurring his words a bit.

I looked at him stunned.

"What?." I asked not able to say more than that I was still shaken up at the incident. Instead of him helping me he was blaming me.

Ashra turned her attention towards the man and landed him a very hot steamy slap.

"What were you saying you pathetic loser?, you almost ran over my cousin."

"You--" she cut him off.

"Dare say a word or else you'll receive another slap." He stared at her awe feeling threatened by her.

"Moron you are lucky we didn't call the cops on you. How can you be driving while drinking don't you know it's illegal?." She asked shaking her head at him before we walked away as a crowd was starting to form.

"You'll regret this bitch." He growled at her.

Ashra just glared at him, and for a second there he cowered back in fear. I laughed inwardly.

It's good to have a friend that can stand up for you at any time.

"Are you okay Umairah? Alhamdulillah it was nothing serious." She spoke.

I smiled at her. "I'm fine, just a little bit shaken up that's all." I replied as my heart rate was going back to normal now.

She sighed. "We've had enough for today let's get going."

"Yeah." We picked up our stuffs about to leave when I remembered my phone.

"Ah...my phone." I jogged over to where the accident took place and I saw my once upon a time iPhone 7plus smashed to the ground I'm sure he must have ran over it as he left.

What a jerk he's lucky I was shaken up by what had happened or I else I would have done more to him than what Ashra did.

I walked over to where Ashra was waiting for me.

"Found it?"

"Yep." I showed her my broken phone.

"Ya rab, Sorry girl." She said apologetically.

"No worries it isn't your fault let's get going." I threw the phone away into the dumpster it had no use now.

Thankfully most of my stuffs were backed up.

We trekked back to school hoping we weren't late for the first paper.

~~~~~~~~~~•••••••••••••~~~~~~~~~~

How was the chapter and what do you guys think of Ashra?.

Anyways please vote and
Comment.😍😍💓