CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I stood up with the help of the bed stand trying to locate where my crutches were last I remember I kept them somewhere close to the bed stand which I can't find now I switched on the bed side lamp and saw my crutches.

I got up with the help of the crutches and did my business in the bathroom.

For some reason I felt weak and my head was aching pretty bad I even felt dizzy I steadied my self and sat on the couch opposite the bed.

I rested my head against the soft pillows and felt the headache begin to subside It didn't take long before my stomach began to ache as well but this one for sure was because I was hungry.

I hadn't eaten anything last night cause of my sudden lost of appetite but now I'm freaking hungry I just hope their were some leftovers.

I straightened up on my crutches and walked out of my room shutting my door before taking my time to descend the stairs.

After successfully climbing down the last stair I took the corner which led to the kitchen I opened the fridge scanning it carefully until my eyes stopped at a covered rubber I took it out and opened it.

It was mashed potatoes mixed with different nuts. I almost puked. I disliked mashed potatoes it grossed me out.

I sighed closing the fridge I spotted a bowl of fruits and picked an apple.

This will have to do for now.

By now I had eaten up to five apples but I was only a little full and I was eating the sixth one.

"Hey."

I shrieked loosing my balance preparing to hit the floor but felt no impact I opened my eyes and saw him staring down at me.

I gave him a hard stare he just smirked and pull me up balancing me on my crutches.

I really can't wait to get rid of this crutches the doctor said I should wait for a week and that's only for dropping one crutch.

"I'm already on crutches do you now want to give me a heart attack." I glared at him.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." He apologised but I didn't want to hear it.

"yeah but you did." I picked up the half eaten apple which rolled into the sink and rinsed it.

"what are you doing up this late anyways?." He went to fridge and brought out a bottle of water.

"You know I could ask you the same it." I gave a knowing smirk.

He nodded. "Well as you can see I came for a drink and I can also see you are here scavaging at night." He eyed my pile of eaten apples.

I shrugged. "what can I say I'm a love grub."

"Yeah I can see that." He chuckled lightly.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever Manan." I picked the pile of eaten apples and threw them into the waste bin.

"Wow."

I looked over at him raising a brow. "what?."

He chuckled. "Well it's the first time I've actually heard you say my name."

I walked over to him snatching the bottle of water, gulping it down.

"That's not true."

"It is."

"Wahever." I pushed the half bottle of water to him as he held my hand I stared at him.

"Now what?."