CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Umairah

I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for the doctor to arrive with my test results.

Mom insisted I go see him before I finally drop the crutch even though I could walk perfectly fine without it but no, mothers will forever be mothers and this doc sure can waste time.

I groaned checking the time it's been 15mins and he's still not back I stood up walking towards the dispenser machine getting my self a cup of cold water I drank it slowly as I heard the door swung open.

"Sorry for the delay miss." I rolled my eyes looking up at the person whom just came in.

I immediately choked on the water, coughing.

"Are you okay miss?." He asked with a look of concern moving closer to me.

I nodded, my face heating up looking flustered I cleared my throat before answering him.

"Yes ahh, yes I'm fine thank you."

He smiled handing me an envelope. "Doctor Adams said I should give this to you he had an emergency to attend to."

I nodded collecting my results from him.

"Thanks." I said my voice sounding hoarse.

He smiled.

Gosh that smile.

Not only the smile his face....

Masha Allah.

"Well since I've done my job here I'll take my leave now Miss." He nodded making his way to the door but I stopped him immediately regretting it cause all of a sudden I became tongue tied.

"Wait, uhmm..well.. I.. Uhm.."

I cleared my throat again.

"Do you work here?." I asked discarding the disposable cup into the waste bin.

"Oh no I don't. Well doctor Adams is an acquaintance of mine I bumped into him on my way to his office so he gave me the envelope to give to you." He finished off putting his hands into his pocket nonchalantly.

Acquaintance?.

More like his dad cause he looked way younger than doctor Adams even though he too is good looking.

"Oh okay thanks by the way." I pointed towards the envelope.

"Its okay it was my pleasure." He smiled showing his pearly white teeth.

"Uhm anything else you might need?." He asked holding unto the door knob.

"Uhm no,"

"Okay then."

He turned the door knob about leaving but stopped.

"If you don't mind care to tell me your name?." He looked at me expectantly.

"I mean how can I leave without knowing the name of such beauty before me cause who knows if we'll happen to meet again." He further elaborated.

"Ohh right." I blushed at what he said.

"My name's Umairah."

He smiled. "Umairah. You have a very beautiful name."

I blushed again. "Thanks."

"And yours?."

He smirked. "I'll tell you but not today."

I looked up at him frowning a little. "Why.?."