CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Don't forget to vote...

------------------------------------------------------

Umairah sat up checking the time it was already past 11 pm. She hadn't realized when she slept off upon waiting for Manan.

Maybe he was even back home but she wondered why he didn't wake her up.

She first went to her room to ease her self before going to Manan's room but she met it empty. She sighed, he's doing it again.

She checked her phone maybe he left her a message or a missed call but nothing. She shook her head this time around she wasn't gonna bother calling him at all.

She even slept hungry because of him. She stumped her foot down the stairs towards the kitchen mumbling to herself about how she was gonna give him the silent treatment or rather get back at him with something more mischievous.

She halted her steps startled by the person she saw sitting at the dinning, her heart beat rate increasing.

She blinked her eyes rapidly praying it wasn't whom she's seeing.

"Oh, you're awake." The intruder spoke as he continued to devour the chicken Alfredo pasta she had specially made though Annita participated in it Umairah did the cooking.

"Umar?." She called hoping she was dreaming but she pinched herself repeatedly now very sure she wasn't and that it was gonna leave a bruise mark.

He smiled at her charmingly wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"You know babe, you've never cooked for me before, I have to say Manan's lucky." He stood up, sauntering towards her his hands stuffed into his pockets.

Umairah stood rigid, she hadn't expected in her wildest dreams that Umar will be standing before her again after what happened, yet again they were alone unless you'll count Ashra and Annita whom were as sleep.

"Wh..what... ar... are you doing here?." She stuttered already feeling intimidated by him she still remembered how their last encounter ended.

Umar smirked standing steps away from her after he had spoken to Manan he thought why not pay his long lost love a visit and try somehow to gain her trust back.

"I've missed you, a lot." Umar slurred giving her a once over.

Umairah shook her head. "You shouldn't be here, please leave Manan will be back soon."

She hoped with every fiber in her that he will.

Umar felt a pang of jealousy in his heart but he tried to control his emotions.

He moved towards her but she backed away looking for the nearest exit. Umar hated the look on her face and blamed himself for that, he's the one responsible for making his once best friend scared of him.

"I'm sorry." He muttered his eyes looking anywhere but hers. He didn't want to look her in the eye again or she'll break him even more.

Umairah's head snapped towards him not believing her ears. She scrutinized him with her gaze.

"What?."

"I said I'm sorry." He repeated one more time staring at her now.

Umairah didn't know what to say, she actually never thought of the day Umar will come to apologize to her. She just literally blocked him out of her life like he never existed.

"I'm sorry for what happened between us, I'm sorry for the way I behaved with you, I'm sorry for causing you pain. I know sorry won't be able to cut it but babe that's all I have to say, tell me what I have to do to earn your forgiveness. Trust me, I'll do anything for us to just go back to the way we were before." He ended his sentence his eyes turning glossy.