CHAPTER SIX

Umairah's pov

For two days now I have been in my room I refused to talk or see anyone only mom and Amal has come to see me but that's when they bring food for me other than that I stay here and don't allow anyone in.

I needed to talk to someone so I called Ashra over here with Amal's phone I told her it was important and that she'll be here in a day or two.

*knock*

I sat up. "Who's there?."

"It's me dear your mother." Why is she here I already had lunch. I stood up and opened the door.

"Yes mom. Do you need something?."

"Yes I do." she said entering inside. "And what's that?." I asked closing the door behind me.

"I need my Umairah back." She sat on my bed frowning. "I don't like how you lock your self in this boring room with your laptop stuck in your face. Just because you Father said you are getting married doesn't mean its the end of the world." I sighed listening quietly.

"I don't want to talk about it mom I don't feel like it." I sat next to her. "Then don't talk just listen." She kept my head on her lap running her finger through my hair.

I missed my mom I miss this.

"I know Umairah you feel your father is rushing things but he's not he--" I cut her off.

"Mom?." I called my eyes tearing up.

"Yes dear. "

"Why is father getting me married is it that he wants to finally get rid of me?." I asked as a tear slid down my cheeks. "I mean I just came back from school and he already wants me gone. Is it fair Mom?."

She shook her head as I felt a tear touch my neck. "Of course not. I know you think your father is not being fair to you but its not like that."

She sat me up wiping my tears as away. ''He is just doing this to ensure your future."

"Yeah right." I huffed. "I'm only 17 mom. For God sake I just turned 17 like two months ago. How does getting me married ensure my future. I won't be able to do the things I want to do when I'm married."

"I'm sure you can do all those stuffs even after marriage." Mom tried to reason.

"I doubt it. I'm sure he's like all those type of men that believes women must stay at home and be housewives. Well no I'm not like that." I folded my arms frowning.

"Of course not, I've met his mom and she's a very nice and descent woman."

"Whatever mom but then again why do you always side with dad whenever it comes to my affairs. Why do you always have to agree with everything he says whether it's bad or not?." I asked searching her eyes for answers.

"Oh my dear Umairah, my sweetheart you wouldn't understand now maybe some other time okay?."

"But mom." I pried. "Just tell me."

"Not now dear just know that since the day I held you in my hands I've always loved and will always continue to love you." with that she hugged me close to her chest.

Me too mom, Me too.

We stayed like that chatting, laughing, making jokes and enjoying each others company. She's right just because my father made a stupid arrangement doesn't mean I won't enjoy myself. After I prayed Asr, I prayed to my Lord to help me out in this.

After that I went to Manal ans Sarah's room and saw both Ahad and Haneef there.

"Well look at the princess who decided to come out of her chambers." Haneef said bowing down to me.